The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for the last couple of weeks my truck has had this weird surge/shudder/miss most noticable @ about 1800 to 2200 rpm it will still do it in cruse so i dont think its the tps. ok so i went and changed my oil and fuel filters then i put in a new icp still no change i got 67 psi of fuel and no codes except for 1249 thats a waste gate code and of course the 1211 i have some ipr orings but i dont have a wrench big enof to remove the ipr anyone know what size it is ????????????????????
thanks in advance steve

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone?

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i did the ipr orings and still no change anyone have any ideas??????????????

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
Steve, mine was doing that too at one point. It turned out to be an oil flow problem. Mine was just as simple as the seal getting blown off of the filter. Take the plug out of the HPOP reservoir and see how full it is. It should be within an inch or so from the HPOP. It could be your LPOP going out.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
goin to lake tahoe this weekend and i will see how it does up there let you guys knnow sundat night
thanks steve

·
formally dodge97ctd-sc member #12
2,001 Posts
hey mine is doin the same thing.....so when you find your problem please let me know :D

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will do

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so can a uvch do this? also how can i tell if the uvch is bad pullin my h air out i just cant find the problem?

·
TDG Mafia #95
1,071 Posts
The best way I've found to test a UVCH is to pull it and test the wires for resistance and continuity. There should be very little resistance if any.

·
1,921 Posts
Best way to test them is to pull the valve covers and look at them. Sometimes if you just unplug the connectors at the valve cover gasket you can see if the gasket looks melted inside. If so that'd be a good indicator that the harnesses aren't looking to good either.

·
formally dodge97ctd-sc member #12
2,001 Posts
yea i still aint figured out the problem yet

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
Having fun yet bubba? miss that cummins??? theres only one thing that will cause a miss.. and that sslipped timing..LOL LOL LOL

I wish they would sell the "start tester" to the public.. that thing works mircales.. or you can get the kill box.. LOL and drop a cyl what ever one isnt effected by the drop is USUALLY the one missing but that is SOOO in accurate.. I dont like using it

·
2,106 Posts
Steve, if you want to check your harnesses I have an extra set that is good, bein only twenty minutes away from ya I could work out gettin em to ya to help ya figure it out... We could swap em over pretty quick and see if that changes anything. Should be the same one I have the single plug ones instead of the other you would expect on my early 99.

Let me know if you want to use my UVC harnesses.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
99StrokerDude said:
Steve, if you want to check your harnesses I have an extra set that is good, bein only twenty minutes away from ya I could work out gettin em to ya to help ya figure it out... We could swap em over pretty quick and see if that changes anything. Should be the same one I have the single plug ones instead of the other you would expect on my early 99.

Let me know if you want to use my UVC harnesses.
thanks will do
heck not sure anymore if the damn things even runnin bad or if its just in my head? :damnit

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Having fun yet bubba? miss that cummins??? theres only one thing that will cause a miss.. and that sslipped timing..LOL LOL LOL

I wish they would sell the "start tester" to the public.. that thing works mircales.. or you can get the kill box.. LOL and drop a cyl what ever one isnt effected by the drop is USUALLY the one missing but that is SOOO in accurate.. I dont like using it
Actually, there are several things that will cause a miss.

He's starting with the right things to check first, considering he doesn't have one of your "miracle boxes" - of course a mechanic with a really good scanner (NGS, Snap-On, or AE) could find out fairly quickly what might be causing the problem.

I look forward to finding out what you discover.

Miss a cummins? :hehe

prt

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks prt next is the snap on scaner. ive done the icp and ipr fuel filters cheacked the chip wiggled the wires under hood i dont think its the tps because it will still do it in cruse now im leaning twords injectors they only got 232,000 on them???????
oh yea and i did the cps recall
steve

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
See if you can get an injector contribution test and a buzz test done. Those two may identify a problem with the injectors.

I'm not familiar with the Snap-On, but the NGS is the cat's meow. Are you close to either John Woods or Joey (Terminator HPOP guy)? They are on different ends of CA and I would think either of them could help you diagnose your troubles.

Wish you well.

prt

·
Diesel Mafia #67
11,283 Posts
plainredtruck said:
Actually, there are several things that will cause a miss.

He's starting with the right things to check first, considering he doesn't have one of your "miracle boxes" - of course a mechanic with a really good scanner (NGS, Snap-On, or AE) could find out fairly quickly what might be causing the problem.

I look forward to finding out what you discover.

Miss a cummins? :hehe

prt
Ray, I was talking about a miss in a cummins.. a 7.3 with a miss can be ANYTHING!!!
\

Thats right you never owned one.. so you wouldnt know what it feels like not to have driveability problems..! :hehe

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
blackcloudCTD95 said:
Thats right you never owned one.. so you wouldnt know what it feels like not to have driveability problems..! :hehe

allright Jordan....play nice with Ray. Dont make me come down and smack ya........

kevin

1 - 20 of 34 Posts