The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BONE STOCK BUT LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS.... I drive it everyday, alot of highway miles but I also pull an enclosed trailer once and a while too, not to mention I am a performance buff - go figure. I have been looking a tuner,exhaust, intake pacakages and pieces seperately. what should i start with?????

·
4,024 Posts
Gauges. Pyro, tranny if an auto, boost. Than do an intake and exhaust and a f5 chip from Dp Tunner. I like the 60 tow and 80 economy you can get a 120 race tune and a no start position to help deter theft. IMHO

·
89 Posts
fivelitreford said:
BONE STOCK BUT LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS.... I drive it everyday, alot of highway miles but I also pull an enclosed trailer once and a while too, not to mention I am a performance buff - go figure. I have been looking a tuner,exhaust, intake pacakages and pieces seperately. what should i start with?????
Start by getting gauges - pyro and trans at minimum. I like the AFE-2 intake but there are many to choose. Depending on budget, either a muffler delete, big truck muffler or go for 4" exhaust. There are many tuners out there but I went with DP Tuner F5 with stock, HI, 40 tow, 80 econo, 120. This will get you statred with a good seat of the pants feel. If you are running an auto trans, then you'd better start thinking about either a Torque converter and valve body upgrades or go for a complete upgraded trans by one of the fine trans builders out there. Currently you could go with Suncoast, BTS, John Woods, or ATS. There are a few others, just can't think of them now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts