The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is selling his 99 f-250 powerstroke 6 speed. I am thinking of buying it, but i was wondering can I use 99.5 mods like intake, chip, fuel systems, and injectors or would these mods not work?

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
the intake you can't use

but I think you can use the rest

·
Registered
16 Posts
AFE stage 2 intake fits just fine. It will bolt right in, I have one. It was made to fit early99-03.

Upgraded turbo you have a couple of directions to go. Either get a Dominator 66 from Beans, H2E turbo from anywhere or switch out the early 99 with late 99 turbo setup(turbo, up pipes, intake plenums, Y pipe and pedestal. The D66 is a direct bolt on.

Everything else works fine.

Keep Strokin'

·
Registered
596 Posts
If the truck is in good shape go for it. The only real issue with upgrades is the intake plenum's, etc. That stuff is easy enough to replace if you get to a point where you need a bigger turbo. The 99's also had forged rods which is a plus.

·
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What are the major differences between the early 99 and the later 99 other than injectors and turbos?

·
Registered
596 Posts
The injectors and turbo/plumbing are the biggest difference. There were a few small things like the airbox. Basically the turbo and injectors are the biggest items when dealing with upgrades. The early trucks also had 15*HPOP which don't provide as much oil as the later 17* ones. Put some single shot injectors in the truck when the time comes if you want to keep running the 15* pump.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts