The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing something about this pump WAY back when, I think I saw a video on YouTube of a guy w/ a Stage 2. Basically all I know is there are 3 stages...Can anyone else give me somemore info? I have a friend that is interested...Where can one be bought? How much? Pros? Cons?

Nathaniel

·
3,514 Posts
Pros: They are said to be an awesome pump and smoke a lot.

Cons: Nobody will release any info on them. There are no dyno sheets proving they put down more power, No data showing they flow more fuel. Its hard to get a hold of the guys that make them. There isn't any info on longevity. Chris Sutton and Adam Winslet, a couple of guys out here got their hands on a stage 2 but it broke in short order before getting on a dyno. Last I heard they had a stage 3 on the way, but it hadn't been installed yet. Another con, they cost at least $2100.

there has been quite a bit on the subject over on Comp D, but no one ever seems to say much productive. With that said I haven't been over on that site in a while.
Sean

·
Registered
284 Posts
Scheid has a HRVP44, but dont know anything about it.

·
Mafia #42
3,646 Posts
HRVP44, are really the only mainstream ones. There are stage 3's, and like sean said, there is a big discussion on CompD about someone w/ one, who doesn't want to give any numbers out, or put it on a dyno for that matter. So proving that it does anything more than cost a lot and smoke, is tough. If you really need it, just move up to the HRVP44. I think Industrial Injection makes it.

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well he has a HRVP right now, but wants a Monster VP...got his from Scheid...

Nathaniel

·
3,514 Posts
I don't know where to get them. I'll put in a call to adam winslett and see if I can't find out how the one he and Chris were testing came out. If he wants big power with reliability he needs to p-pump it.

Was that 807 on fuel only or with nitrous? I thought I heard that that was with nitrous. Doug Smith made something like 832 with a regular old VP with Nitrous. Last I read on that one was that that was with an S.O. pump too.
Sean

·
3,514 Posts
Thats pretty good for a VPed truck.
Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts