The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is good for upping the power on my 2000 6.0?

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its obviously not gettin a 12v if im asking for more power for the 6.0 and its not gettin a supercharger either. i have a TV7512 for it if i build the truck later. im just talking maybe 50hp.

also, what are good basic upgrades for the tranny? shift kit? dont really want to do a converter if i dont have to.

Garrett

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
A tuner, intake and exhaust

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now what about the tranny?

Garrett

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Basically the same kind of things you'd do for a diesel transmission, tuning, shift kit, clutches and torque converter. How much power you looking to make Garrett?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
for 50hp i think the 4l80 will handle it, its not too bad of a tranny, but i agree a shift kit should help make things stay together a little better

EFI live, or maybe a diablosport predator, any intake that you like, and a good 3" exhaust, magnalow makes a nice, throaty but not obnoxious sounding exhaust for the GM 5.3, im guessing it should bolt onto a 6.0

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Garrett you should take a look at 496B.B.'s post at the top of the GM gas section, in the SBC post, pretty good info in there for you

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the tranny is bone stock and hasnt been touched for the 150k that it has on it. i dont want to turn up the power and kill the trans. its probably time for a trans flush, new filter, and maybe a shift kit.

Garrett

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i decided im going to try to find another 4l80e and build it myself, then ill just swap it and my stocker. after that come either just a tune from Blackbear since it since it will have the intake and exhaust already done or its gettin some injectors, a turbo, and a tune. this could get fun.

Garrett

1 - 10 of 10 Posts