The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive only owned this truck for a few months and am just not happy at all any more with it,
Its a 99 PSD and after i got the oil leaking problem squared away i drove it back home to RI and fell in love with it again on the way, Took it to work... then back to my apartment. I wake up this moring and drive my jeep because i am selling that and it has signs all over it, As soon as i got out of work i plugged in my truck for over an hour went out and it fired right up but runs very poor and does nothing but POOR white smoke out.. I let it run for a little while it gets worse.. Ok ill let it stay plugged in for a while. SO i go back out 5 hours later and its still the exact same!

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
4,090 Posts
Do you know the block heater is working?

I need to go back and read your other issues, but there are many things that could cause it to run poorly.

It could have an injector issue - dribbling fuel into the cylinder when it's not supposed to.

It could be under-valve cover gaskets.

It could be . . .

Remind us of what you've done with it recently.

prt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The gally plug is leaking in the back of the head, it lost oil and could not fire the injectors, gave it a oil change and bought extra oil to make sure i would have enough to make it to RI from mass to do the work to it, i pulled over 2-3 times and lost very minimal oil and the truck ran GREAT, but as soon as i parked it for one night it started this white smoke thing.

·
455 Posts
if the oil galley plug on the rear of the head is still leaking you could have drained enough oil out to get air in the galley if so it takes about 30 miles of hard driving to bleed the air out of the oil and it very well may smoke because of this air in the fuel will cause low icp pressure and thus low injection pressure of the fuel causing white smoke fix the galley leak and run the snot out of it then see how it acts

·
1,726 Posts
and run the snot out of it
LOL

I have a hard time not runnin the snot out of it LOL LOL LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well now its making a hard knock, and lots of smoke, and no matter what i do even if its to the floor the highest i can get the rpm's is 1k..

·
1,726 Posts
What color is the smoke?

Just a stab in the dark but could it be an injector o-ring bad and the smoke is from oil or fuel running into a cylinder?

Have you sealed up the galley plug yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I plan on doing the gally plug tommrow, any one have any helpful hints?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts