The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought a '98 24 valve with a 5 speed, 4x4, dually, extended cab. I will be using it as a service rig on the farm, and maybe to tow some pieces of equipment around. Bone stock for now, but definitely a 4" flow pro or some other low restriction exhaust system in the near future. Any way, I was wondering what chip would give me a few more horses and a lot more torque for what Im doing. I have no idea since Im mainly a 12 valve man, but Ive heard of DP Tuner and I dont think I want a smarty, but Im open to suggestions. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
not dp tuner, that's a ford thing, look at edge, they do pretty well on dodges, look at their drag, also I've heard TST makes somehting for the 24v, though someone correct me if it's not what's right, but I like TST,

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
You might want to take a peer at my dyno sheet... I'm running Edge Comp...

http://mopar.mopar1973man.com/2002 Dodge/dyno sheet.pdf

I did rather quite well...
(Horsepower/Torque)
Bone Stock ----- 228/462
Edge Comp 5x5 - 381/826
Edge Comp 5x5 - 379/831

But take a look at my BOMB listing in my signature... (Links work!)

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
I think my torque converter is running low on torque...thats my problem...FOR SURE! LOL

Nathaniel

·
Official TDG Doctor
5,281 Posts
Phily 911 said:
Well you have a much better one on the way still right?
For sure! but the stocker is going good...I will find out soon what all she can do and how gooda miles i will be getting trip to VA to get a new horse....

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Don't go jetting on a trip as soon as you get it in. Cruise around and make sure it shifts alright. I think low stalls have a tendency to mess with pressures in the v/b

·
1,189 Posts
I would say go with edge juice with attitude so that you have all the guages you need and alarms for when your not watching said guages. either a cold air intake or a bhaf, and exhaust... and prolly a good idea to upgrade the clutch especially if you start towing around equipment etc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts