The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Allright, I have been cruising around for 38K miles now with a Bullydog Triple dl on Performance level, a AFe stg 2 and 5" cat back exh. While I haven't noticed too many isues with my tranny, I do pucker up everytime I think I may have felt a shudder or slip... I do not run it wide open all the time but do drive pretty spirited as I am allways in a hurry... All I want is a one and done solution to the Allison upgrades. I would love to DIY but highest and best use of my time(according to my wife) is not spent under a truck.. that found out after 2 days under my Z06... I need a place I can drive to and have reputable work done while I sight see, whatever.... I live near Wash. D.C. and need someplace within a day's drive. Venders chime in...

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I personally would call Sun Coast Converters and see if there are any shops dealing in their part around your parts, or take a vacation to Florida this summer and drop off the truck for a day and let them have at it.

Tony

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
4cstr said:
Don't forget about Merchant in Michigan.
That is just a little more than half a days drive, so I would go there if I had the money, Eric is top of the line when it comes to built Allison transmissions.

Tony

PS, if you need a rest stop, I live right on the way from WV to Holland, MI. Just bring your own coffee and pot.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may just take you up on that... My fear with going west is my wife puts me through the tortuous task of going to Dresden, Ohio... Longaberger baskits are an evil scourge that should be dealt with like drug trafficing....

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
JimBsr said:
I may just take you up on that... My fear with going west is my wife puts me through the tortuous task of going to Dresden, Ohio... Longaberger baskits are an evil scourge that should be dealt with like drug trafficing....
Oh man I hate those freakin things.:nunu: :damnit

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Never heard of them, but God speed with you if you have to go there.

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts