The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My truck(see sig) seems to run and shift 10x as good with the warmer it gets i.e. a 1 hour trip really brings my truck alive!!! As compared to when i first take off... Does this make sense to you guys???

·
117 Posts
yeah it does. it does that with mine too.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can understand the motor running better but my stock tranny w/ 179k miles even shifts awesome!!!!!!

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
Of course it will. Would you want to sprint 100 yards without warming up? Hell no. Same thing applies to cars and trucks. Warm em up, then run em hard. And these trucks don't heat up in 15 mins either... Unless the laws of physics are different for your truck. 4 gallons of oil, 8 gallons of oil, 16+ quarts of transmission fluid, etc, take a long time to heat up.

·
Registered
422 Posts
When the trans fluid is cold it is thicker than it is when warm, therefore not flowing as well.

·
Registered
422 Posts
You beat me to it Zaairman:agreed: i was a little to slow to type, fingers hadnt come to operating temp. yet.LOL

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
It took you 6 mins to type all of that? LOL That's like 3 words per minute...

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Mine idles at 1200 45 minutes before I go anywhere when it's cold out....

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys! this just struck me all at once an just wondered what you guys thought bout my statement... Keep the black smoke a rolling!!!!!!!!!!!:smoke

1 - 10 of 10 Posts