The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone ever replace their motor mounts or tranny mount. at what milage? at what horsepower level? is anyone using heavyduty aftermarket mounts? any ripped tranny mounts? the factory one seems very flexable. did a bad mount ever cause an unexplained vibration. can you visibly see a bad motor mount?

·
454 Posts
jschreff said:
did anyone ever replace their motor mounts or tranny mount. at what milage? at what horsepower level? is anyone using heavyduty aftermarket mounts? any ripped tranny mounts? the factory one seems very flexable. did a bad mount ever cause an unexplained vibration. can you visibly see a bad motor mount?

When I bought my truck with 50K on it, about 10 thousand later at 60K my tranny mount was junk. Wasn't completely ripped apart but was almost there. Truck has stock power too. Don't forget the cummins has a lot of low end torque so i can see why it went. I just replaced mine with a factory. You gotta have some give thats why there is rubber. I could only get mine at the dealer. I knew mine was gone cause i was getting a slight vibration driving on the highway, was worse when the truck was in 4X4 on the back roads doind 40 to 45. The other way i knew it was gone was when you go back and forth from drive to reverse, you can hear a more noticable clunk. No more clunk now. pretty basic to install. you will need a jack. good luck and hope that helps.:smoke

·
454 Posts
jschreff said:

I almost forgot, I have never heard of a motor mount gone on any cummins in a dodge. They are pretty damn strong. Its the fords that were known for motor mounts cause they were small.

·
Premium Member
2,641 Posts
:iagree I never heard of anyone having to replace a engine mount yet on a Cummins. Now the tranny mount... That mount I figure will fail from oil soak more than anything...

But I tend to keep the underside of my truck clean... So I figure my mounts will last a long time...:Thumbup:

B

·
0 Posts
Motor mounts failures are very far and few between. However tranny mount failures are quite common. Of course my tranny mount lasted 280k, but I know of a lot that was shot after 100k. They are relatively cheap though, about $40.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for all the info guys

1 - 6 of 6 Posts