The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it eaiser to do injectors with a motor out of truck with no fuel or oil in it? do i have to go through all the crap that you go through when the motor in the truck just a curious question sorry if it seems dumb :thanks:

·
2,509 Posts
if it was a running engine the oil and fuel gallies will probably still be full, but you should be able to get the plugs in the back of the heads out easily to drain out the gallies, so then you shouldn't have to worry about getting much fuel or oil in the cylinders

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your the man :smoke :thanks:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will they drain right out as soon as i open back plugs?
:thanks:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also when i put engine in do i just add oil and fuel and im good to go ? sorry if question seems dumb lol:thanks:

·
1,921 Posts
Are you asking because you are already going to have the engine out? It would be easier in the sense that you don't have to work around the fenders and grille to do them. But they are easy to do in the truck as well. As soon as you pull the plugs the oil or fuel will drain out. There will still be some that goes into the cylenders though so make sure to suck it out. Once you get them in you just crank it till it starts. It usually takes quite awihle of cranking to get the oil and fuel rails filled back up though so crank in like 30 second intervals.

·
Registered
596 Posts
If it's a superduty truck you can cycle the key on and off several times until you can hear the electric fuel pump making pressure, it'll cut down on the cranking time. Also, pre-fill the HPOP reservoir as that will also cut down on the cranking time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts