The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nephew has a 2001, AT, straight pipe, intake and triple dog tuner. When he is pulling a trailer loaded or not it just quits. He can stop start it back up and 30 miles down the road it does it again. Does'nt do it without the tuner. Any suggestions....

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Change the fuel filter. Clogged or restricted filters can cause a ton of problems.

·
4 Posts
Maybe the tuner is the problem. I dont know about the Bully Dog tuners but I had an Edge tuner and every once in a while it would just quit going down the road. I have replaced it with a PPE unit and havent had that problem since.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
If you changed the filter and it still shutting off randomly try removing the programmer and running stock for a while. If your problem goes away, you found whats causing it.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Nephew has a 2001, AT, straight pipe, intake and triple dog tuner. When he is pulling a trailer loaded or not it just quits. He can stop start it back up and 30 miles down the road it does it again. Does'nt do it without the tuner. Any suggestions....
I think he already solved his problem before he started... GET RID OF THE BULLY DOG!:thumbdown

PPE or Diablosport are both way better tuners than Bullydog...:happymugs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts