The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just went through my first motor on my 08 ford 350 6.4. Had 98000 miles on it. Never been tuned. Lucky for me it still had 2000miles left on the power train warranty. Bad thing is ford only gave me 12000 miles on the new motor. Blown head gasket bent push rods cracked piston housing. My question is I hate the regen process I hear that it dumps fuel in your oil is this true.

·
186 Posts
It's easy to blame DPF regen for your woes, just like people blamed catalytic converters for all their problems when they first showed up, but it doesn't sound like your problem is at all related to the DPF regen.

Do you know what actually failed to cause all the damage to your engine? Had you been performing proper maintenance including coolant nitrite testing? DPF regen does get a small amount of fuel in the oil (0.5% or less on my stock truck), but that is pretty insignificant.

·
606 Posts
The DPF will not cause blown head gaskets and bent push rods. The DPF WILL cause fuel dilution and I don't believe it makes the pistons very happy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts