The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i might share how i mounted a holster in my console for easy access and so my pistol aint just thrown in there with everything else.
I have a Springfield XD-M .40 cal. The holster is the one supplied with the gun. The pic where you see the outside of my console and 3 bolt heads, those are covers that were white but i painted them with touch-up paint. Its Pueblo Gold color, or whatever its called, the tan on the bottom of all the King Ranch Editions.

·
1,372 Posts
Sweet! Looks Good !!

·
5,365 Posts
I do something similar, but since i dont have a center console, i use the drivers door
pocket to hold my extra clips AND the gun :D

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
That looks awesome! I have the same problem cause like 2 weeks ago I had to pull mine out cause some dude was trying to peer in my windows but I got -3% tint so that didn't happen anyways I couldn't find it fast enough cause I had a bunch of crap and cords in there! Will be mounting it like that tomorrow

Reactions: OOWeaver68

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do something similar, but since i dont have a center console, i use the drivers door
pocket to hold my extra clips AND the gun :D
i would do that but thats my trash can :damnit LOL

·
5,365 Posts
That's a geat idea! I am going to a Gun show tomorrow, gonna have to find me a hard plastic holster for my Glock .40.
FOBUS is a nice one Wayne.

Fobus makes matching (2 clip) holders too, Upon the recommendation
of my brother (whos a cop) i bought Fobus...theyre tight to begin w/
but eventually they loosen up.

http://www.fobusholster.com/

Reactions: fordt

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing that sucks is that holster is curved on the backside to match the curve of your body when you wear the holster. I looked and looked for one that was molded to fit my gun and flat on the back side but no luck.

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
Thats a great idea. im gettin my license as soon as i turn 21 or whatever the legal age is

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
thats a great idea

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I guess your finally fed up with strangers touching you.

That is a good idea though, mine would take some time to get out of the zipper case.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
The only thing that sucks is that holster is curved on the backside to match the curve of your body when you wear the holster. I looked and looked for one that was molded to fit my gun and flat on the back side but no luck.
For an extra $10 you can get the Fobus Roto model and pull the paddle section off. Mount the holster and roto section. It works like a champ.

If you have pretty much any plastic or kydex holster that is curved, you can mount it to solid board in the configuration you plan on using and hit it with a heat gun several times and most will straighten out. The better pieces will not straighten as much.

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
For an extra $10 you can get the Fobus Roto model and pull the paddle section off. Mount the holster and roto section. It works like a champ.

If you have pretty much any plastic or kydex holster that is curved, you can mount it to solid board in the configuration you plan on using and hit it with a heat gun several times and most will straighten out. The better pieces will not straighten as much.
i looked at that one. i wasnt planning on doin it this soon, wanted to look around some more to find a holster i was looking for. But i was bored one day and ended up at home depot and the rest is history. LOL

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
They sell under-seat holsters and such. I'm too cheap to pay for one! I made a slide for an old Military issue holster and it under the seat of my Jeep for a long time. I need to make new ones for my trucks.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Simple and effective. Do you have any pics of the outside of the console with the tabs closed? Does the lid shut ok without hitting the handle?

·
Chirpin Tires...
1,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Simple and effective. Do you have any pics of the outside of the console with the tabs closed? Does the lid shut ok without hitting the handle?
yep the lip closes fine, i will get some pics of the outside

1 - 20 of 48 Posts