The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completely rebuilt my motor at 128500k mikes. Since the rebuild its hard to star when cold unless plugged in and my MPG's have fallen back to almost what stock MPG's were. Motor now has 36k miles on it. Why is this? I've completely deleted the EGR & DPF, S&B CAI, 4" turbo back exhaust and H&S XRT PRO RACING TUNER. I'm getting 16mpg @ 70mph empty and 8-9mpg loaded reguardless if I'm towing 2k pounds or 18k pounds. Why is this happening??????

·
80 Posts
Tolerences and break-in? what machine shop work did you have done? Torque plate bore? allign hone? Is it all rebalanced with the new parts, all this will make a diff in mileage. Im not sure about starting.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's got 37k miles on it and I'm towing about 50-60% of the time so break in shouldn't be the issue. Other than block, cam and crank it's all new parts right down to nuts and bolts. All cylinders were alligned honed and no it was not balanced. We were told by ford and numerous machine shops that Diesel engines do not need rebalanced as they're already factory balanced.

·
80 Posts
wow no wonder you are wondering wtf. sounds like u got all bases covered, i still wonder...not the same engine as put out on the assembly line with everything tightly controled, it does'nt seem it would take much to cause a little more friction= lower mpg, but im no expert just sayin what i think.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yep almost got my head scratched bald. H&S won't even talk to me about it so my next step is to contact innovative diesel and purchase a sct live with Eric's custom tunes in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts