The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to get better fuel mileage out of a 6.7L cummins. Someone told me by taking the DPF off you could get 20-24 mpg

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Does anyone know how to get better fuel mileage out of a 6.7L cummins. Someone told me by taking the DPF off you could get 20-24 mpg

I have seen 19 city as my best but couldn't tell you hwy since I tuned because it always has a load on it on hwy.. 10k plus I ave. about 12-14 depending on how I drive.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
removing all the junk helps alot. I just got 19.4 running 65mph empty and average 11.8 to 13 wit trailer same speed

·
750 Posts
Getting 14-16 mpg around town....depending on how I drive.
Are you deleted? are you auto or stick? are you 4:10 gears?
Im stock 4:10 auto same truck as you and Im getting 10-10.9
all town.

·
154 Posts
Id say 24 is a stretch. I let my dad take my truck to his cabin he got 21 with it, best ive ever got was 19.4. Taking off the egr cooler helped alot dropped my egts 230 degres or so.

·
In the passing lane
1,453 Posts
On a 1000 mile trip we just got 22-23 mpg running 70-75 mph.
I call BS on that one unless the whole trip was down hill.

·
11 Posts
It was Ohio to Florida. We got around 21-22 on the way back, Florida to Ohio. We checked the computer mpg on a few gas fill ups and it was right on.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
It was Ohio to Florida. We got around 21-22 on the way back, Florida to Ohio. We checked the computer mpg on a few gas fill ups and it was right on.
Auto or manual? What year? Cause with a 100k and straight pipe and 18in wheels and 32in tires and a tuner running 175hp or 60hp i still only get 19-20.5 hand calc. and thats running 65 according to GPS and my speedo registering at 66mph thats roughly 1900rpm. Once you hit 70mph in my truck figure on loosing a good 2-3mpg no bullchit. I dont care if people tell me i can get better fuel economy on a higher hp tune i proved that wrong wit my truck and in my business FUEL MILEAGE is key to making a buck

·
11 Posts
My truck is an 08 auto with 35000 miles on it. Its currently running the +60hp with smarty and both deletes and 5" exhaust. I honestly don't think it gets any better highway mileage now than it did bone stock. My mechanic says it gets best mileage he's seen. If I run shorter trips its 18-20 mpg highway. That 1000 mile trip was in 20-60 degree temps if that had any affect.

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts
Just unpluged my EGR and the same day mileage went up almost 2 mpg more.
What technique did you use to determine the 2 mpg increase within the same day???? How many miles and gallons consumed before unplugging and how many miles and gallons consumed after unplugging????

·
284 Posts
13.2 hand calculated. Mine went down a little from the cold and idealing. But not to bad for being stock with 4:10 gears.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I guess Ill go fill up tomorrow and see if this lasted project helped it at... :thinking

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts