The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Neighborhood toolbox :)
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a 2004 F350 DRW 4x4. It is as base as they can get NOT even power windows or locks (which is what i wanted) and it has a standard Tranny.

I need to find the MSRP for this truck as the state I am moving to taxes people on the MSRP not what they really paid for the truck (EVIL Mother F****rs)

Does anyone know of how i might be able to find this out?

Thanks

·
721 Posts
Thats just not right. My MSRP was 50,000 plus tax and license. My purchase price was 39,890 Including tax and license. I would have to pay taxes on over 10,000 dollars I never saw???

·
348 Posts
and i thought it sucked here in Arkansas to pay tax on used trucks.

·
422 Posts
I wouldn't move there and I would send a letter to a state representative, telling them why.
That is BS.

·
422 Posts
Actually, who told you that....it sounds like a dealer scam.
This would be a good way for the dealer to make a little more money.
They get the extra tax from the customer and then pocket it.

I know.....this is why you asked....I get it.

·
422 Posts
Colorado does this, actually, but it's not a scam.

What they do is charge you a large percentage of MSRP in the first year you buy the vehicle and then charge you a decreasing percentage every year after that.

In fact, this is good for you if you own a vehicle that holds it's resale value, because the registration fee goes down every year, even if the value of the vehicle does not.
This is bad for you if the resale value of the truck does down quickly, because your are paying a little more.
So, the reason the state does this is to have a predictable tax income every year.

·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its not a dealer thing, the dealers are not allowed to handle the Excise tax and ya it sucks out loud. The State gov says the excise tax pays for schools and all that but its horse sh#t, Schools are just the stick they beat the heads of the voters with every time the voting public tries to repeal the excise tax.

On average the people of the state of Maine pay about 43 percent of their income back to the Gov. in Taxes and fees. Believe me if it were not for my parents needing me back home, I might not go. We have new Governor, a republican, first one on almost 45 years so maybe things will get a little better.
---------------------------------------------------------------
"Excise Tax is calculated by multiplying the MSRP by the mil rate as shown below. The rates drop back on January 1 st of each year."

YEAR 1 .0240 mil rate

YEAR 2 .0175 mil rate

YEAR 3 .0135 mil rate

YEAR 4 .0100 mil rate

YEAR 5 .0065 mil rate

YEAR 6 .0040 mil rate

For example, a 3 year old car with an MSRP of $19,500 would pay $263.25.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, back to the original question, does anyone know how I can get the MSRP?

·
422 Posts
Can you call any Ford Dealer and give them your VIN.
They should be able to tell you the MSRP for the vehicle.

Reactions: Plufis

·
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Busted Knuckles.

I will need to find a competent Ford dealership to get any kind of accurate information.

I considered wading into the quagmire of Ford motor company customer service but I am not sure I have that long to live.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts