What mud tire for weekend muddin and Mud Drag racing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a weekend pair of mud tire/mud drag racing tires. I have two ideas I would like people to vote on and then other option and give me your feedback.

Option 1. 37x13x17 Super Swamper Bogger... the baddest mud tire around. I found some 17's to buy.

Option 2. 33x15.50x18 Baja Claw

Option 3. 35x13.50x18 Baja Claw

Two and three would be mounted on some Mickey Thompson Classic II rims

Open to other ideas. I have 20" rims right now, can get 17's or 18's cheap.

Thanks guys :thumbsup:thumbsup

·
53 Posts
If you are looking for a good mud tire but still want something streetable...go with the Nitto Mud Grappler...good tire in the mud and tolerable noise level at highway speed.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you are looking for a good mud tire but still want something streetable...go with the Nitto Mud Grappler...good tire in the mud and tolerable noise level at highway speed.
Plan on only putting them on for events, weekend mudding trips. We might even put them in the bed of the truck if I'm pullin the trailer with jeeps..put them on when we get there. More of a competition tire for the mud drags and weekends

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I vote for Toyo MT's:thumbsup

They do have a really good selection of sizes... 500 per tire is a kick in the nads tho...:bang

A 38x15.50x18 would get some **** done but you think more than a bogger? The Toyo's certainly would be more useful all around...

Anyone really get into some chit with the Toyos?

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
Toyos are nowheres near as capable as swampers or boggers. Ask tank, he has boggers and
I think he has mentioned that they work way better than his friends mt's. My 35" toyo mt's have don't self clean the tread very well unless you spin them really fast.

Watch Craigslist for used tires I got 17 inch ultra rims with brand new 35 inch toyos mt's for $850 off a rolled truck.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Toyos are nowheres near as capable as swampers or boggers. Ask tank, he has boggers and
I think he has mentioned that they work way better than his friends mt's. My 35" toyo mt's have don't self clean the tread very well unless you spin them really fast.

Watch Craigslist for used tires I got 17 inch ultra rims with brand new 35 inch toyos mt's for $850 off a rolled truck.
Found some stock 17's for 125 bucks... the three tires sizes I listed aren't very common but I'm on the lookout for sure. :thumbsup

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
If its just a weekend mud/mud drag race tire then go wit swamper or bogger dont even mess wit anything else or look into custom cut tires for your needs...is this going on your truck currently in your sig?

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
iroks, LTB, or boggers.. i ran iroks on my truck ( old truck ) and i love them effin tires

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If its just a weekend mud/mud drag race tire then go wit swamper or bogger dont even mess wit anything else or look into custom cut tires for your needs...is this going on your truck currently in your sig?

Yes, the 08 WILL win the stock class mud drags next year..:hump :peelout

·
588 Posts
Toyo MT's all day long! About 45k on my set now, and still over half tread. Mostly highway and a little gravel. In the snow and mud they hold their own.

·
323 Posts
Nitto Mud Grappler or the new Nitto Trail Grappler MT's.

The Mud grapplers will work great for you; I believe. They do have a lot of highway noise but if you are going to be using them for comp. only then they would be great.
I plow snow with mine and love them. They self clean very well in mud and in snow.

Hope it helps,
Let us know what you pick.
DD

Here is a pic of mine from the rear.

Attachments

·
2,710 Posts
I would go for the SSR TSL LTB or the IROK's. . .

I have Awesome luck with those tires and tires of similar design.

Mike

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
so there are quite a few that think a nitto or toyo can out perform a super swamper bogger eh?

that is interesting to me, because the boggers seem to be the badest of the bad for mud

anyone had experience with some wide baja claws in the mud>???

·
2,710 Posts
Nope i haven't But I do routinely drive in stuff like your avatar show's. . .

I run 3 stage n 2 stage Lug tires and my 53' Stude, 59' Mack, 62' GMC ect and so along have no issues drive right threw it empty loaded over loaded they just keep on walking. . .

Mike

·
SIXINAROWMAKES'EMGO
271 Posts
BOGGERS!!! alll day. if i was in your situation, it woudl be between boggers and TSL's. that woudl be the only tire i would consider if i was just usin them offraod. IMO boggers is the baddest mud tire. now if i was gonna run it on the road to, i woudl go toyo open countries or nitto mud grapplers.

·
2,710 Posts
I tired some bogger once i got stuck more with them then i did the TSL's. . .
So i would have to respectfully disagree . . .

I guess the terrain and mixture of soil's would have to be taken into consideration as to which tires work best and also what type of vehicle there on.

Mike

·
Let's Drill!!!
235 Posts
I have a Pro Comp X-Terrains. They kinda look like a Mickey Thompson. They are only 13.5. Clean real nice but if I was lookin for a nothin but mud tire it would be a Super Swamper of some sort. My boss has an 02 F250 with 16 inches of lift and Irocs and he goes on and on about them.

·
1,709 Posts
If your not gonna do much road driving and want them mainly for off road I'd go with the Super Swamper Bogger's.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
I vote for Toyo MT's:thumbsup
I also vote for these. I love my set, they have 20k on them and still look awesome. They ride great on the street and perform very well off the road, even though I don't do much hardcore off-roading with my rig.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts