The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be a better choice: A-to delete the muffler alltogether with a delete pipe or B-get something like an Aero-turbine muffler? I don't care how loud it is. Acutually I'm lyin' the louder the better!!LOL

Also would either one of those lower my EGTs? Thanks!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
You can do a walker BTM muffler, Free flow, and it will sound great. If you want stay with a SS type, the Aero Turbine is the way to go.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
either will lower egts a bit more...the straight pipe would obviously be the more efficient means of getting exhaust out, not to mention straight pipe always sounds sick :D

Dom

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fellas that's what I needed to know! I have an aluminized system so I'll probably go with the delete pipe from ITP. Thanks again!!:Thumbup:

·
6,337 Posts
Aero lowered my EGT about 100 degree's pulling...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input CSIPSD.:Thumbup:

·
1,386 Posts
I put a straight pipe on about a year ago. I love it. I just wish I'd done it a lot sooner.

·
Diesel-a-holic
43 Posts
:Thumbup: Another vote for straight pipe :Thumbup:

-Casey

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with Dennis at ITP yesterday about a straight pipe. After talking with him I think I'm going straight pipe for sure! The louder the better!:rockon:

·
Diesel-a-holic
43 Posts
bigdiesel502 said:
I spoke with Dennis at ITP yesterday about a straight pipe. After talking with him I think I'm going straight pipe for sure! The louder the better!:rockon:
You won't be sorry...in fact your passenger side window is going to be stuck in the down position at all times...:93C_peelo

-Casey

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The passenger side windows are the only ones I keep open!LOL

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
hes right, i did it to my 6.0 and cant keep the window up...gonna do it to the 7.3 soon too :D

Dom

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
straight pipe you will love the sound

·
Registered
61 Posts
Straig pipe (delete that muffler!). Lowest EGTs, loudest... just sounds plain old SICK!:evil: :smoke: I pretty much drive around with my rear passenger side window down, if it's not raining.:sly: :woot:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts