The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to replace my exhaust from turbo back. The 5"system is what I want. I just don't know if I want a muffler. What do diesel truck people use?

·
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
This place is dead! WTF

·
53 Posts
I deleted everything on my 08 best thing i ever did. Anyways Im in the repo business so i left my muffler for stealth (somewhat). With all deleted tuner and cold air intake installed the loudet thing on my truck is the turbo which I love. With muffler left its a little louder than stock and faster with turbo whine still coming out of exhaust if you get what im saying. My thinking was its a very small muffler so cant stop much sound. I only went to 4 inch pipe though so a 5 will prolly sound totally different. I use to run flowmaster 60 series on all my v8"s and this truck is about the same with muffler in loudness but the sound is more like aircraft engine with the whine in exhaust. hope this rambling helps. ive heard a few that had to be straight piped and i thought it was just loud with muffler the sound is totally different several people tell me right off the bat even while im idiling that i have to have tuner i would think with no pipe theyd just say its loud!! To each his own i think what it balls down to and another thing thats so very important i still blow black smoke when its stomped!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts