The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my parents own a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with a 5.9 cummins turbo diesel. we planned on removing the big muffler and leaving the small resonator on. (silencer i believe) We wanted to leave the small muffler on because we dont want it to be obnoxtious. with the small muffler on, would it still be plenty loud?

·
1,055 Posts
It is not to bad, I had it like that for a while. It will have a good bark to it and you will hear the turbo more. It will get to be a little much after a long trip.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Take it all off. Let that puppy roar.

·
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I tried telling my dad to remove it all off. like i posted in first post. "He doesnt want it to be all obnoxtious" But anyways. The turbo will sound cool with the 5 speed manual when shifting. :Thumbup:

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
Hotrodx199 said:
I tried telling my dad to remove it all off. like i posted in first post. "He doesnt want it to be all obnoxtious" But anyways. The turbo will sound cool with the 5 speed manual when shifting. :Thumbup:
No kidding...:evil:

I yanked all the junk from under my truck... The only time it gets loud is when you get on it... I've been told I can be heard coming a mile away when I'm stompped on it. But cruising it rather very quiet... :woot:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Cut it all out its not that loud when you are cruising just when you are really into it.

·
Cummins Man
980 Posts
I hated mine straight piped with the 3" pipe, it was way to loud. The best thing you can do is buy a cheap 4" kit with muffler and you will like how it sounds. I ran a set of 4" Flopro kit on my dodge and now have it on my Suburban.

·
99 cummins
160 Posts
take it all off, it's not that much louder, if the noise is that much of a worry, buy a gas truck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts