The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Found On Russ' Drive
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many positions do you REALLY use in your programs? I'm looking, and KNOW I want high idle, tow, and a yeehaw program. If I go with a 4 pos. that leaves me with one more to pick. For those of you that have multi pos. chips. How many realistically do you use. Do you really need 6-16 programs?

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
I keep mine on 120 smoke until I pull something or if I'm using high idle. Most guys run in economy mode I believe. I'm sure others will chime in.
Kenny

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a 6 position and i run it in the 75hp setting unless there is snow on the roads then its run in the stock setting. some time for fun the extreme setting

·
386 Posts
I have the DP Tuner with 5 programs & the lope idle, I leave it on 80 econo, if its real cold I turn it off till it warms up. The 2 tow programs & the lope idle I have I don't like at all.

·
6,337 Posts
I use all mine it least once a day... the tow in the am, then thru out the day the switch goes higher and higher...LOL

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
2 don't understand why in the heck you need anything else.60 and a 120 race.

·
1,726 Posts
I kinda agree with kainers. I've got 4 positions but just use my highest hp tow and Extreme. The only reason to have less power than either of these IMO is if you wanted a tow file for cooler egt so you dont need to watch the gauge. Or high idle - I may be changing one of mine to a high idle in the future.

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
its kinda for what you do. it lets you select what setting you think is best for the current situation.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts