The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw this truck today at Cancun Mexican Restaurant. Sure is a nice truck whosoever it is! Wish I could have seen it in action instead of parked. lol

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
LOL that be me! thanks mane! who are you? lol its funny lookin right now took the bumper and tailpipe off last night to get powdercoated! haha

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
They Found you Darin! LOL I still want to see this bad boy too!

To the OP what do you drive? Most likely have see you around.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
haha sure did neel! im surprised to find out somebody from around here doesnt know me... most all of the "Local diesel community" around here knows me and/or what i drive... and neel im in eville all the time i dont remember if we exchanged #s but i now your on my fb just hit me up whenever mane! it sounds really nasty with no tailpipe! haha

OP send me your # on pm and you can see it driving! LOL the burrito kentucky was very tasty at cancun as well in case your wondering!! ha

·
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haha! I drive a 2004 GMC Duramax which is murdered out as well. lol. I work for Crop Production Services and have been doing a New Hire program so have been working at the one there off of 5th Street. We were in a White GMC and you probably saw us when you walked in. We sat in the seat right to the left of where you pay.

My parents have been gone all week so I've been driving Mom's Civic haha. I'll have it there tomorrow though. Can't miss it!

Best looking 6.7 I've seen on the roads! Best Ford at that. lol

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
added ya on fb hit me up! your truck looks pretty BA too!!

·
61 Posts
Strokin, like your video of you and friends out for a leisurly sunday pull:) how do you like the new 2011 compared to previous models.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
lol which one? IMHO theres no comparison.... compared to the 6.0 its faster, pulls harder, tows better, rides smoother, more comfortable, more options, etc etc.....compared to the 6.4 still rides better, more options, tows better, not quite as fast tuned but def is stock and way better mpg stock.

·
61 Posts
^ I assumed as much I guess I was hoping to hear they suck lol, I'm just always working on my buckets and my 6.0 has been broke about two weeks after I got it, and my dads is in better shape and has had a lot of work, most after I bought mine, sure would be nice to have a new truck with warranty

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
^ I assumed as much I guess I was hoping to hear they suck lol, I'm just always working on my buckets and my 6.0 has been broke about two weeks after I got it, and my dads is in better shape and has had a lot of work, most after I bought mine, sure would be nice to have a new truck with warranty
not much warranty gonna be left of mine LOL had it since october and already got 46K miles on it... luckily havent really had to use it any yet either besides a couple electronic extras that had to be replaced nothing under the hood!

what kinda probs you having? 6.0s are not as bad as most think.... few little fixes and they are very reliable! good tuning, egr delete, headstuds, keep good oil in them, revx is great especially before injector problems occur, etc i had 250K on miy 03 6.0 before i traded stock headbolts, stock turbo

·
61 Posts
It's just my EGR cooler, got it fixed, It's a nice truck and I like to tinker in my spare time, but I got 4 vehicles I maintain the worst one being the mini van for the ex, It is becoming a little overwhelming and frustrating and the cost is becoming the same as a new pickup, would be nice, but probably not gonna happen for awhile, I like 2011 and hope ford really pulls through with this design

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
baked, separated, painted, resealed...

Reactions: MJ351

·
58 Posts
not much warranty gonna be left of mine LOL had it since october and already got 46K miles on it... luckily havent really had to use it any yet either besides a couple electronic extras that had to be replaced nothing under the hood!

what kinda probs you having? 6.0s are not as bad as most think.... few little fixes and they are very reliable! good tuning, egr delete, headstuds, keep good oil in them, revx is great especially before injector problems occur, etc i had 250K on miy 03 6.0 before i traded stock headbolts, stock turbo
46,000+ already.....do you ever cut the thing off?
Let it rest some son:D

·
58 Posts
The "Bake" process I asume was to release the lense from the relfector? What / how did you do that?

HILLBILLY engineering:roflol:

·
9 STECK
164 Posts
baked, separated, painted, resealed...
I too am wanting to do this to my truck. I know the heat, separate, paint, reseal process, but at what temperature did you bake them, and for how long? Also, what did you use to reseal them, an automotive adhesive or something else?
Thanks for your input, your truck looks awesome, so what I wanna do to mine when money starts growin on trees:roflol:.

Thanks again
OFH

:usflag

·
4 Posts
I love the matching bumper and grill color. I have a silver 2010 350 and I would love to get the bumpers and grill painted to match. Can you paint over the chrome? of do you need xl bumpers?

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
46,000+ already.....do you ever cut the thing off?
Let it rest some son:D
haha ya sometimes, had it about 10 months so far... im actually creeping u pon 48K now...

The "Bake" process I asume was to release the lense from the relfector? What / how did you do that?
ya the baking is to warm up and soften the urethane seal from the housing to the lense to separate them...

I too am wanting to do this to my truck. I know the heat, separate, paint, reseal process, but at what temperature did you bake them, and for how long? Also, what did you use to reseal them, an automotive adhesive or something else?
Thanks for your input, your truck looks awesome, so what I wanna do to mine when money starts growin on trees:roflol:.

Thanks again
OFH

:usflag
well me and Milton have done several peoples for a fee if your interested in me doing them.... otherwise PM me and i can give ya all the details.... ALSO note that theres a few special steps to actually painting the light bezels for it to adhere right or you will pull your hair out...

I love the matching bumper and grill color. I have a silver 2010 350 and I would love to get the bumpers and grill painted to match. Can you paint over the chrome? of do you need xl bumpers?
the body shop that did mine just painted over the chrome... he sanded them down some and used some type of prep for it to adhere better. the grill is holding up pretty good but the front bumper started getting a lot of rock chips (i think a mostly town driven truck would be find but as stated I travel a LOT on the interstate and such...) so i actually took the front bumper to a local powdercoating shop and got him to sand blast the paint off and pc it and when i got it back i put a few coats of color match out of a rattle can then cleared it and turned out really well.... should hold up much better than just the paint..... the rear is holding up great since bugs, rocks, etc dont affect it...

Reactions: One Fast Harley

·
5 Posts
There was a bunch of boys droolin over your truck the other night at the Morganfield Wal-Mart too! Getting all over the tri-state aint ya...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts