The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well to start off it was a very hot day, like 32C, not good day for racing. My first pass I had no tration and had to let out.

First pass:
60'-2.328
1/8-9.521
1/4-14.373
mph-101.51

Best pass:
60'-1.809
1/8-8.291
1/4-13.081
mph-102.29

My best pass previous to date with the 310 was:
102mph

Traction and wheel hop was an issue all day. I strapped the front end. and aired down the tires 25psi.This truck is a CC/SB with 35's and 4 inch lift, traction bars also, at 8200lbs. I made 3 -13.08x passes but ran out of runs to get any better as well I only ran the 350 tune. Trans shifted spot on with Spartan tcm and Suncoast converter. When I made the 12.9 pass with the 310, the day was much cooler. I agree with Jeff that the 350 might need a bit of tweeking as I do feel there is more power with the 350 than the 310 on the street, but the track isn't showing it.

·
79 Posts
To say that spartan doesn't have there crap together for these trucks sounds like an uneducated statement in my opinion. The OP said the 350 tune feels stronger but he was having problem with wheel hop.

·
393 Posts
:whs

From the looks of Junior Member "o8fordcompletlystock's" other post he must work for KEM. Has nothing but good to say about Nutty and nothing but bad to say about Spartan.

I personally think that Matt & Crew are what made 6.4 tuning what it is today and will do the same for the 6.7 and I can compliment them without bashing KEM.

·
79 Posts

From the looks of Junior Member "o8fordcompletlystock's" other post he must work for KEM. Has nothing but good to say about Nutty and nothing but bad to say about Spartan.

I personally think that Matt & Crew are what made 6.4 tuning what it is today and will do the same for the 6.7 and I can compliment them without bashing KEM.
I agree. Both great tuners, don't have to bash the other everytime someone talks about them.

6 Posts

08fordcompletlystock's does not work for KEM. We as KEM do not bash our competitors. We may poke fun at others but it is friendly competition and you will never see Nutty or I cut down other people.

·
543 Posts
KEM 345 tune. The best yet.

I just bought the 345 from Mike at KEM, and had the opportunity to drive it almost all day yeaterday.
I've had just about every tune Spartan/Mike has drawn up, and now since Mike and Matt has seperated, I felt Mike would raise the bar. I think most of us who understood the inner workings of Spartan can thank Mike for all of the successful custom tunes of the past. I wish both of them well.

This is the best streetable tune I have had yet. Great response and instant power. I wish I could share more, but I experienced the first breakdown ever with a Super Duty.
I guess my starter became loose, and it somehow sheared off the bolts which mount it to the engine. I should have it back Tuesday, and hope to give a little more info on the subject.

Mike sure knows this engine, and I cant wait to see what he does with the 6.7L.

·
Ford 6.4 it's just cooler
673 Posts
George do you have a new tranny in the 6.4 cause the same thing happened about a month and a half after my tranny went back in

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
Cole, I have a 350 tune to play with at the track. I gotta figure out if test and tune is the coming Friday night or not. If it is, then I will have some results to post up....hopefully improved ones. The power is there. I made 572/1157 with it at TS last weekend at only 38 psi of boost and in 99 degree heat. Rail pressure is holding just fine also. If you get that 60 foot down around 1.70-1.72, your E/T will be below 13.X in the 1/4 mile. I will keep everyone posted!

·
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Jeff, like I said I think the power is there, just can't get it to show it at the track. Like you I've got better times with the 310. I think with a cooler day like I had with the 310 I would have better results. As well as some more time at the track to get it dialed in. Keep us posted. I'll be trying IDP's biggest tune next time out for comparison.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts