The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I went and ran this thing last night at test and tune and to say the least, I am dissapointed.... It Ran 15.01's three times in a row, which I guess would be great for bracket racing.. Anyway, it was 15.01 @ 87 MPH. I was launching it very hard too. To be honest I was impressed with my 60 footers, 1.86's. With that said, I couldn't possibly make up anymore time in that area, I was gitr' done. I guess I'm just rantin because everybody else was talkin low 14's. WTF?

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
what tune..

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
:thinking.. i cant compare it much as i never ran my truck..

·
SLAPS President
3,027 Posts
Running out of fuel on the top end maybe??

·
793 Posts
welcome to my world and I've got a lot more sunk into mine than you as far as performance wise:bang. Wish I could help ya figure it out but I'm clueless, I'd give Eric a call and have your time slip in hand he might be able to figure something out he helped pull a little more out of mine when I did that:shrugs

·
singles member #53
229 Posts
i may be wrong on this but that is not that big of tune is it? I mean like a 110hp maybe? Try running a big tune like ultra comp? i do agree that you may be running out of fuel on the big end?

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
So Dom i might have a chance:hump. Prob not mine is slow dang thats not good need to get that ironed out and get back down there wish you the best. I have a suggestion it begins with D_ _ _ and ends with an E:haha Let me know if you need anything

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Whelp, got off the phone with Eric at innovative and he said what a couple have mentioned. I'm outta fuel on the top end. Based on no smoke at over 60 mph. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge and I'm ordering one a the FASS 90 system for grins. Also, bogedain is right, that tune isn't the best racing tune. His said the race file he is sending me is 4-5 tenths quicker. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
Brandon, how did I know that was gona be your asnwer? LOL

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Whelp, got off the phone with Eric at innovative and he said what a couple have mentioned. I'm outta fuel on the top end. Based on no smoke at over 60 mph. I don't have a fuel pressure gauge and I'm ordering one a the FASS 90 system for grins. Also, bogedain is right, that tune isn't the best racing tune. His said the race file he is sending me is 4-5 tenths quicker. Thanks everyone for your feedback!
Brandon, how did I know that was gona be your asnwer? LOL
Cause you know its true:haha

·
Registered
274 Posts
The 20's aren't helping... Great 60' though!!

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Good luck with the fass, :haha :happymugs

·
873 Posts
Let us know how it goes!!!

·
793 Posts
a friend of mine ran a 14.1X with a CC LB 4X4 with the xtreme street tune from Innovative. If your running out of fuel with it you'll definitely run out with a hotter tune. Maybe the FASS will help with a possibly dying pump. How long has it been since you changed your fuel filters? That could be a culprit.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a friend of mine ran a 14.1X with a CC LB 4X4 with the xtreme street tune from Innovative. If your running out of fuel with it you'll definitely run out with a hotter tune. Maybe the FASS will help with a possibly dying pump. How long has it been since you changed your fuel filters? That could be a culprit.
A few people have asked and I just had them done about a month or two ago. So I don't think that's it. I think that's what it boild down to, a dying pump. We shall see.

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Good luck with the fass, :haha :happymugs
Funny you mention that. A guy a know sent me to another local shop. Well that shop told me they could install an airdog 150 in my truck for the same price as I was paying for the fass. So I went back to the other shop and had them cancel the order. So Airdog it is. I'm guessing you reccomend huh?
Anyway, I will let you all know how it goes and thanks all for your in put!

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Funny you mention that. A guy a know sent me to another local shop. Well that shop told me they could install an airdog 150 in my truck for the same price as I was paying for the fass. So I went back to the other shop and had them cancel the order. So Airdog it is. I'm guessing you reccomend huh?
Anyway, I will let you all know how it goes and thanks all for your in put!
Your a smart man :usflag

1 - 20 of 45 Posts