The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other night me and my girl were sittin at walmart in my truck talkin to a friend of mine and some punk kid rides by, gets real close to me and rolls black smoke all over my truck and drives away. I was ready to kill this guy. So i follow him and he stops. I asked if i knew him and he said no. I was like well do you wanna run that piece of s**t. He said no, then asked me if i had anything done :D I said no, just exhaust lol. I said if you change your mind about runnin me then follow me. I start to drive off and here he comes. So i get on the road and try to run him from a roll but there was to much traffic. We finally catch a red light side by side and we both spool up. I launch at not very high boost in 2wd and still pull on this kid so hard i almost had to let off cus i felt bad. We raced to like 70. I ended up walkin him by like 10 truck lenghts. So needless to say he felt like an idiot for ever messin with me. I ended up talkin to him and he actually was an alright kid. He had exhaust an intake and some 6 positon chip. Not that great of a kill but it made me feel good after he blew black smoke all over me in the parkin lot

·
271 Posts
why lie about your mods? most dont know what the heck sct is so i just say i have a programmer

·
Formerly F350_Beast
579 Posts
Nice! :thumbsup

·
2,183 Posts
I like to blow my smoke, but only on tailgaters and occasionally the unfortunate person at the red light next to me :shrugs

·
1911 single stack
215 Posts
You should be ashamed beating up on a 7.3 with a chip and exhaust:thumbsup

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did kind of feel bad lol. But he deserved it. I like rollin coal on people too, but only when i have a reason. He deserved to get beat up on haha.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
You should be ashamed beating up on a 7.3 with a chip and exhaust:thumbsup
I did kind of feel bad lol. But he deserved it. I like rollin coal on people too, but only when i have a reason. He deserved to get beat up on haha.

but guys with 7.3s should really know better than to mess with 6.0s...LOL when i have obs 7.3s and stuff get up by me and rev at me or in front of and blow smoke i :haha and show em whats up!! LOL :usflag

·
330 Posts
Nice one Darin,I would of have done the same thing if I were in your position but I would have bet him some money for a quick race, at least to pay for the wasted diesel wasted on the race LOL

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
whats funny is you would of been even if you ran stock
If he had his chip intake and exhaust and i ran him stock we might be even. But i had a 7.3 and stock for stock im pretty sure the 6.0 would hurt the 7.3

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
If he had his chip intake and exhaust and i ran him stock we might be even. But i had a 7.3 and stock for stock im pretty sure the 6.0 would hurt the 7.3
stock for stock ya, but what brent was saying is if the 7.3 had the mods he said he had and if you were stock like you said the race would have been neck and neck...which is true...i went to the dealer one day stock tuned and my buddy was by me to come pick me up and we ran from like 50-90 or so dont remember its been a while but we were neck and neck with his tuned...might have only had superchips on it at the time too ..

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yea i agree with that. I thought he was talkin both trucks bein stock. All i had on my 7.3 was a edge evo an intake and exhaust and it was decently quick for what it was. Ive had 3 6.0s and i think i would still rather have the 7.3 than any of them. That truck was bulletproof.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i was originally wanting a 7.3 but i love my 6.0..

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love my 6.0 too. I think as long as you got a ford and its a diesel you didnt go wrong lol. But as far as reliability, noone can convince me that there has ever been another truck that compares to a 7.3

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I love my 6.0 too. I think as long as you got a ford and its a diesel you didnt go wrong lol. But as far as reliability, noone can convince me that there has ever been another truck that compares to a 7.3
5.9L 12v P7100 > 7.3

:haha

·
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That depends on who your talkin to bud :thumbsup lol

·
1,423 Posts
:popcorn: Now that is nice to hear you talking about my 7.3s .do tell more about how good they are for us :thumbsup :happymugs

·