The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My BII that I just picked up a few weeks ago.
6" lift and 33" MTR's
Looking at going the Expo route with it. Something to get me to the trails and out camping at a moments notice.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Should be a fun trail rig. You might want to lose the steps though. If you hit ground or rocks with them you'll probably rake em off.

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya. The kid that put that on was a horible welder. Hit one rock and it'd fall right off. It's on the list of things to remove.

Another is he put an electric fan in it. And wired it straight to a switch. On/Off is all you get. Need to pic up a electric fan controler.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
That would be a good idea.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Giant step on one side and nothing on the other? Coulda guessed the PO was a kid. Good looking setup for your needs. :thumbsup

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
You'd be amazed at some of the things you can find on these types of trucks. like Bolts that are half way in because the previous owner could figure out to tighten them. Ive seen many of these incidents.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I was going to rock crawl mine(build it into one) but the farm is pretty rusted. just waiting to cut it up now..

looks good man. time for a 350 under the hood :D straight axles and rear steer :woohoo

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Don't know what I really want it to end up to be. Don't have much for rocks here in WI. But we do have a few good trails around. Tons of mud, but a BII was not made to mud bog. I think she's going to end up a capable trail machine/Exploration rig. Something I can get to a trail and have some fun, camp any where, and maybe get me out on the lake ice fishing in the winter. Only time will tell!

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Don't know what I really want it to end up to be. Don't have much for rocks here in WI. But we do have a few good trails around. Tons of mud, but a BII was not made to mud bog. I think she's going to end up a capable trail machine/Exploration rig. Something I can get to a trail and have some fun, camp any where, and maybe get me out on the lake ice fishing in the winter. Only time will tell!
Badlands Offroad part in IN, or the Cliffs Insane Terrain in IL. :thumbsup

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Badlands Offroad part in IN, or the Cliffs Insane Terrain in IL. :thumbsup
Thanks for the info.

Only local place to ride for me. Is Trohelhaugan in Dresser, WI. Which i'm hoping to get the BII preped and ready enough to hit that up next years memorial day weekend.

·
85 Posts
I own a pair of BII's myself. There are a couple of good sites dedicated to these trucks that give great ideas for modifications. I'd love to shove a diesel into one of these rigs.....

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I would lose the TTB and put in a solid axle, then that thing would be sweet and then all you need is a 4bt

·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would lose the TTB and put in a solid axle, then that thing would be sweet and then all you need is a 4bt
I see dozens of 4bts every day. And dream of finding a some way to permently borow one from the plant were I work. A bII with a new 4bt would be ausoume!

For now the ttb stay's. The plan is to build it into a reliable exploration rig. But down the road I'd like to swap in a D44.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts