The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not picked it up yet but it is mine and has temp tags, so I took it out for a 30 min drive on sat:

Not used to such a large/heavy truck, I drive a 2000 f-150 5.4 short bed crew cab. I was not impressed with the power, but to be fair i drive a 330 hp mustang I built and my truck and my wifes DOHC 32 valve v-6 taurus.It was decieving cause its hard to hear or feel exceleration cause its so refined on the interior. I could hear the eng but it was darn quiet for a desiel!!! also the handing was tuff for me, prob because i never drove a truck so big, example: taking a tight right turn going fast has never been a prob for me in any of my vech. But I found myself in the other lane. im sure its due to the tires are made for heavy towing, not handling at all. the ride was much stiffer than my f-150(which im sure is to be expected) It was just a whole new experience for me. The interior is fantastic and flawless. The whole truck was almost perfect(I tryed to find something wrong) after 20 min of looking i found the right side of the hood where it latches does not latch completely(needs adjustment).....that was it!!!! Paint was great, no flaw in sheet metal, solid inside and outside. It does look better as a short bed, but i wanted the long bed to tow a 5th wheel in the future. Im just a reg guy and do not drive big trucks like this like you guys do so my impression is prob kinda sissy but i wanted to tell you what i found when i drove it. this truck will definatly be an awsome truck to tow with and looks great and is comfotable as hell. I give it a 10.
YES PICTURES ARE CONING, BUT GO AHEAD AND SAY IT ANYWAYS!!!!

·
771 Posts
I will spare you the picture requests...but Im nice like that.....congrats on the truck. I am glad you are enjoying it so far. Dont worry about the hood thing too much, once they fix that, you should be all good. I bet its a good looking truck.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
Nice write up from a new diesel owner. Congrats on your new ride.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Yep, I'm jealous! Wish i could get my hands on a new '08. Good luck!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks manual 2500.... I am planning on takin some good pics when i pick it up. Its been great to have you guys to talk to while waiting for the truck and hopefuul all u will hear from me is stupid questions about matience and stuff and no posts about some horrible problem or failure. I really did not hear or feel hardly anything as far as turbos kicking in, boost was there but not any large noticable pull or anything. I hope its just me and something is not wrong with it. when you are going like 20 mph, im used to putting my foot into a ford tranny and getting a hard downshift and a wind out to 2nd gear. is this the turbo lag u all talk about?? it does seem to pick up speed quickly after inital excelleration....oh i know....drive by wire also....huh....just thought of that....this is the 1st time i ever drove a drive by wire also!!!!:damnit :shrug:

·
771 Posts
Remember, its still in break in mode...once you break it in, it should be a bit more noticeable. You are most welcome...and thats what we are here for, to help.

·
771 Posts
As in the Ford Taurus?...hmmm..Im not sure if they did or didnt...regardless..cant wait to see your truck.

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
JugsReturn said:
little off topic but taurus' really have 32 valves? :shrug:
Taurus SHO (V-8) has 32 valves....

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea but not mine..what a dummy, thats what I get for tryin to post while working. its 24valve v6... was thinkin about a v8 for some reason and used the 32 valve #. you guys actually took it easy on me there, im sure this will be the only time, so ill be sure never to make an other mistake.....rrrrright. well i gotta go stare at the ceiling for 7 hours cause I will not sleep since getting truck tomarrow after work.....pictures will be coming at least at webshots if i cant fig out how to post pics with posts or in gallery. I think my files are to big and do not know how to size them down.

·
771 Posts
Photobucket can resize the pics...then you can link to your photobucket account. Or you can just hotlink it and have the pics show up directly on the thread.

·
TDG Member Since 2004?
584 Posts
Congrats on the truck! As far as the handling is concerned, when the tires are new, handling sucks. It'll feel like it's plowing all over the road on turns (and it is!). The tires will wear down surprisingly fast for the first half of the tread or so then you'll notice it really starts to bite. My truck is on about the last 2000 miles of tire life and it's a blast. I can really hammer it into the corners on the ramps! The suspension is so stiff there's no lean at all.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts