The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i cut the cat an muffler off my truck(til i can get my new exhaust put on) i also put an AFE stage 2 intake with the HI PERF tune with my superchip. I was comin home a little while ago an my ebpv kicked on an boy was it LOUD!! I had no idea it would sound like a 747!!!! I wouldnt get rid of it for a $100! This is simply just ******* entertainment in my very small town. LOL I thought i would just share this with ya guys... THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Yeah I think it kinda sounds cool to. It sounds like my truck is going to takeoff LOL

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
In my town we have just a 1/2 mile or so main street with several buildings, just creeping along an the EBPV doin its thing, it echoes off all the buildings exactly like a jet! I am just tickled to death with it!!!!!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
be careful while its closed you can skyrocket the egts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
camojeeper said:
be careful while its closed you can skyrocket the egts
Yea i need guages bad! I might break down an order some this week.

·
TDG MAFIA #101
390 Posts
My dad has a 6.0 with 5 in straight pipe and it sounds even more like a jet taking off when its closed than my 7.3 does. And I agree, I love driving down my little street with buildings all around and lettin' her eat.

·
2,509 Posts
I'm really gonna miss my ebpv when I upgrade turbos. On cold mornings I like stopping at the gas station for a cup of coffee. I leave the truck running and idle it up to about 1300 with my AIC with the EBPV screaming. It definitely gets some looks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Yea they are loud, seems like everytime mine goes to doing it theres a cop right beside me:damnit

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pontiacross said:
I'm really gonna miss my ebpv when I upgrade turbos. On cold mornings I like stopping at the gas station for a cup of coffee. I leave the truck running and idle it up to about 1300 with my AIC with the EBPV screaming. It definitely gets some looks.
What is a AIC????

·
strokin now cummin later!
1,116 Posts
damn i hated mine. it sounded cool. but it had no power when it was closed. i had to put the pedal to the floor to get it to open back up so it would go.
kinda glad i no longer have one. just my opinion though

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just dont ever think i could delete mine...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If i were to get the DP Tuner w/ the high idle would my ebpv stay on til the truck was warm?????????

·
1,116 Posts
yes im 99.9% sure it would

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
orangepstroke said:
yes im 99.9% sure it would
1500 rpm would be the right setting wouldnt it?

·
1,116 Posts
1500? thats a little much for a high idle. mine is at 1100rpm. works great. the ebpv close when i had one and had it on high idle.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
orangepstroke said:
1500? thats a little much for a high idle. mine is at 1100rpm. works great. the ebpv close when i had one and had it on high idle.
oh ok. i will get 1100rpm then i just want my ebpv to close and scream like a jet until warm!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
it already will you dont need a high idle setting

·
Registered
204 Posts
camojeeper said:
it already will you dont need a high idle setting
:whs

Your truck should idle up by itself. After it runs for a couple minutes, it will close the valve, and idle up. As long as its sitting there. And yes, the valve still kicks on until warm with my truck on the 1100 rpm high idle setting.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ryan said:
:whs

Your truck should idle up by itself. After it runs for a couple minutes, it will close the valve, and idle up. As long as its sitting there. And yes, the valve still kicks on until warm with my truck on the 1100 rpm high idle setting.
I am fixing to order a Dfuser AIC to adjust the idle rpm.

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
why?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts