The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a 7.3 dually, my dad used to have one so ive been talking with him and have been reading this forum for the last year.
What are some things i can expect with this powertrain?
Is it good to plow with?
and i was wanting to put a edge evolution and run it with extreme most of the time, what are some upgrades i could do so the truck withstands the extra hp?]
Thhanks alot

·
634 Posts
Do you tow anything first of all? You do know diesel's like to be constantly ran right?

There aren't to many things that need to make a 7.3L a reliable truck, I'd honestly look at one of the vendors on this site, and give one of them a call and see what kind of tune they can come up with for you.

·
34 Posts
I run the Edge evolution in my early 99. I think for the money you can't go wrong and the peace of mind that you can watch all the vitals on one screen is priceless to me. I also have an Air raid stage II CAI, MBRP 5" straight exhaust,and a Banks big head waste gate. The truck runs awesome, just keep a close eye on the EGT's if you are running it on extreme, and don't tow with it on extreme or you'll be replacing the turbo. Good luck with it, you can't go wrong with a 7.3.

·
115 Posts
I have the edge evo on my 03 and I like it. Maybe not as much power as some of the others but the gauges are great. Like classic said it can get hot so don't tow on #3. I actually like #2 a lot better for everday driving and light owing without having to change.

·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my dad had the evolution on his 7.3 also, it shifted alot better, idled louder, and blew a little smoke

1 - 6 of 6 Posts