The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a few pics of my 378.

Right after wheels were polished at the chrome shop

Before wheels were polished. One night after harvest. It needed a bath.

·
2,555 Posts
By the looks of the shine you got your moneys worth!!!:rock That is a sweet looking truck and of course it's nice to see the "correct"wheels . Did they use one of those "robotic polishers??:bluesbros

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think so. I had to buy another one. I had one wheel that was a round hole. You can kinda see in the last pic how bad they were. Also the front grille was about white. Now it's got a little shine to it. I need to get better pics with my digital camera and not the Iphone. Now the truck is filthy from hauling today.

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just pulled out of the truck wash. Brightened the trailer and tanks and washed the truck.

·
990 Posts
What is the best product and best method for polishing aluminum for those of us who don't have access to a robot and need to hire, equipt and teach a local high school kid to do it? Are there products that extend the life of a shine reliably? Pretty ride you have there. What is your tractors wheel base? Thanks. Rogerstar

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Not sure on the polishing. The wheelbase is 250". Thanks for the comments.

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got some new half fenders.

·
2,555 Posts
You got it lookin' SHARP :woohoo

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now i'm in the process of finding another fifth wheel and polishing the tanks and painting the steps and hangers. Will update pics. Also sanding and priming the frame on the trailer. Then I'm gonna put bedliner on it.

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here she is to date. Taken yesterday. Got my Steps painted and polished or tried to polish the tanks.

·
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We tried that. The tanks were white when we started.

·
4,827 Posts
I'll have to get you the number for a place we got our alum cleaner from. Best I've ever seen. They'll even come demonstrate it for you before you buy. Can even polish it out by hand without much effort. :D Not cheap, but worth the money.

Reactions: Rogerstar1

·
4,827 Posts
Ok. FINALLY got the info for ya, and didn't run it through the washer this time when I did the laundry. :bang LOL

Johnson Boys Distribution Co.

708-510-8991

Product name- (APN) Aluminum Brightner

Reactions: Rogerstar1

·
114 Posts
Nicely done...

I used those hard cloth buffer wheel things w/the different color 'soap' bars cause my tanks were crap. They turned out fairly well, but the pictures are a bit deceiving.

I'll take those bins and dryer too...:popcorn

·
4,827 Posts
What kinda power does that bad bow have ?? One very nice farm !!!!!!! Jim
IIRC, he said it has a C12 Cat. 430hp is the stock max for the trucks. RV/Fire go to something like 505hp.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts