1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure on which tire's to go with here. . .

1. G177 2. T831

Mike

Attachments

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yup those are the tires i liked first right off the bat when i first saw the 2 tires . . .But i figured i had better see if other folks pick that tire out as the better off road traction tire as well.

Mike

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
which tire is best suited for off road traction ?

1. G177 2. T831

Mike

Attachments

·
928 Posts
I think it would depend on what you are going to be driving in.

I think over all the ones on the right are best suited for off-road with bigger lugs and wider spaces between the lugs.

Do you have bigger pictures?

·
928 Posts
I think for off-road that big lugged ******* will do pretty good! Probably make a hell of a hum on the highway though.

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It better HOWL on the HIGHWAY or i'll have to throw them out. . . . .

i have gone with the Modo " if they ain't howling i'm getting stuck " for years the loud Hum is peace of mind to me. . .

Mike

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
truck fully dressed weighs 12,500LB's would a winch be a good idea ? or not ?
If so about what size ?

Mike

·
1,709 Posts
Yea I think the tires on the right. Forsure a winch.

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I would get the tires on the right and for sure a winch double your trucks weight. When you get stuck you aren't on flat ground, you are going to be in a bind so you need more pulling power. I don't like wheeling with less that double my vehicle weight in pulling power and a snatch block on top of that just in case.

I've got the perfect scenario that I encountered in Alaska.

That is three vehicles attached to the 76' Ford that has a 24k winch and a snatch block and it took three hours to pull out a 6500# truck(I would guess). One was an H1 Hummer, an 01' TJ, and an 05' F150 all attached to the winch vehicle and the 97' Dodge 1500 was so stuck that it was pulling all four vehicles in.

We did get it out minus the front bumper.

Not trying to hijack the thread just trying to prove a point. With a 12,500# truck you are going to need a ton of pulling power.

Tyler-

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So a 15K winch won't work...

12.5K x 2 = 25K .

So a 25,000Minimum would be ideal ?

So if I could say a 30 thousand pound winch that would be ideal then ?

Mike

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
I would say at a very minimum yes.

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Well that is going to be a tough winch to find, Much less mount to the front bumper all stealthy like . . .

I was hopping to avoid doing the whole typical deuce winch 10K-LB's, and have the front bumper pushed out 2FT, I was hopping to mount a 12-15K winch tucked up in the front of the truck all stealthy like but that's just not going to work if i need 25-35K-LB's of winching power . . . .

I am going to have the Back of the cab area rather full as i'm running duel 5" stack's and relocating the battery box back there which needs to hold 2 1400CCA batteries, I can't load it up anymore then that as i will need the remaining room for towing 5th wheel n goose neck trailer's. Which leaves the Rear tail board which i happened ti fill in with a 20K-LB receiver and trailer plug in's. . .

Mike

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Can you try to find a pto driven or hydraulic winch at a truck pick and pull? There has to be a scrap wrecker that you can steal a couple winches off.

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea i can but i think there about the same size as the OEM winches for these truck's i believe. . .
See how the winch is huge and sticks out a mile ?

Mike

deuce with winch:

Attachments

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
Big trucks need big winches. You could build a tube bumper that moves the winch back a bit and give better approach angles.

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would like to find one that will work with the bumper i already have if i can other wise i'll more then likely just go with out a winch rather then have my front bumper sticking out 2 feet like the OEM ones do . . .

Mike

Attachments

·
2,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Is there a way a 12,500# winch with a snatch block work ?

Mike

1 - 20 of 30 Posts