The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally talked myself into a dually and drove her home today. Picked up a 2011 Crew Cab Long Bed Dually. Oxford White, Black Interior, Fully Loaded, Nav, heated and cooled seats, Sirius, Sunroof, spray in liner, 5th wheel prep package, the works.....

I bought the truck in Tampa Florida and drove it home to Ft Lauderdale about a 250 mile trip. I absolutely love the truck, the power is great, even compared to my Spartan/KEM tuned 08. The mileage seems to be much much better than my 08, even with tuning. The interior is more plush, dash and gauges is night and day better and the whole package is all around an upgrade.

Here are a couple of pics of the truck, sorry for the poor quality, all taken with my beat up blackberry. I already have parts on order, and this should be a pretty sweet project. Stay tuned.

·
326 Posts
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Wifes wanting a new one for a kid hauler.

15.8 - 16.2 Mpg average ? Whas that mostly highway/high speed or stop & go ?

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Wifes wanting a new one for a kid hauler.

15.8 - 16.2 Mpg average ? Whas that mostly highway/high speed or stop & go ?
When I was on some rural hwy doing 60-65 i was getting about 18 avg mpg. When I got on the Florida Turnpike I was averaging 80-85 and it dropped down to 16ish.

·
326 Posts
When I was on some rural hwy doing 60-65 i was getting about 18 avg mpg. When I got on the Florida Turnpike I was averaging 80-85 and it dropped down to 16ish.
Thats damn good for running in the 80-85 range.
Buddy has a new 6.7 he's going to be taking a trip with a huge 5th wheel camper to Yellowstone so I'll be curious to see what kind of numbers he pulls.

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats damn good for running in the 80-85 range.
Buddy has a new 6.7 he's going to be taking a trip with a huge 5th wheel camper to Yellowstone so I'll be curious to see what kind of numbers he pulls.
Yeah, I was impressed with the numbers, and I usually dont drive that fast but the truck is so smooth and effortless that I didnt realize I was going fast.

I see you are selling your tubular steps on craigslist already guess the modding begins
Yup, im not much of a fan of those steps so they need to go. Parts are already in the mail!

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, its loaded too, Nav, Sunroof, Leather, Heated and Cooled Seats, Sirius, HD Radio, spray in liner, 5th wheel prep package and pre wired in bed, back up cam, rear ac, power sliding rear window, and alot more.

·
You can call me French
623 Posts
Any updates? If this trick is half as cool as your '08, I'll love it! Who am I kidding, truck looks sweet as is. Good luck on the build:thumbsup:

·
***The Radio Flyer***
174 Posts

·
Team White
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Any updates? If this trick is half as cool as your '08, I'll love it! Who am I kidding, truck looks sweet as is. Good luck on the build:thumbsup:
Yeah the truck is almost finished. Should be all done on Friday evening with wheels, paint,suspension, etc
Good lookin' truck...... I had no idea 2wd's were that pricey.
thanks, yeah 4x4 is only like 2 grand more as an option.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Hey Josh, great looking Dually.
Sorry I was not able to help you out. No one at Brandon Ford would call me back. Enjoy your new ride, and when your are ready for your next one, give me about 8 weeks lead time, and I can order you one with the options you want/need.

Thanks Brother

randy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts