The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought Id share what my new ride looks like...alot like the old one, but differant engine (485 Cummins with a burn box instead of a Acert CAT) and dash.

2010 Pete, 485 Cummins with a 13spd...i got it about a week ago and it had 57k miles on it :woot:

·
2,555 Posts
Looks good nice chrome package, hope you like it :happymugs

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Very cool! Got any more pictures of the interior and underhood?

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Looks pretty sweet there Nick :happymugs

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nice ride! let us know how that cummins compares to the cat you had:peelout
Thanks! so far the throttle response is ALOT differant...it seems to rev up faster when downshifting and fall off RPMs slower when upshifting..the Jakes are much better then the cat. When Im going down the road the regen takes some getting used to because the turbo acts all weird. At highway speed the engine is quieter. It doesnt pull as good though, but with only 58k on it now I dont expect it to start pulling real good for awhile yet.

Very cool! Got any more pictures of the interior and underhood?
I'll work on that...leaving sycamore IL right now, gotta be in cincinatti by morning then onto Canada for a week or so :fan

Nice! Just out of curiosity, what are these newer big rigs running you guys these days?
no idea, id have to ask around. there are about 200ish trucks in the fleet, the 2007s like i used to have are all getting turned in this year. they are the oldest trucks we have averaging about 250k miles. (I dont own it, its a company truck)

·
588 Posts
no idea, id have to ask around. there are about 200ish trucks in the fleet, the 2007s like i used to have are all getting turned in this year. they are the oldest trucks we have averaging about 250k miles. (I dont own it, its a company truck)
Nice who do you work for? Wish I got a new rig every few years without having to pay a dime! And its even got a chrome dash panel! My superduty didn't come with that! :wtf lol

·
5,365 Posts
nice truck !

did peterbuilt REALLY build that tomtom or garmin into the dash ?

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice who do you work for? Wish I got a new rig every few years without having to pay a dime! And its even got a chrome dash panel! My superduty didn't come with that! :wtf lol
the chrome on the dash I bought myself, it just kinda clips onto the gauges but makes a big differance in how the dash looks IMO. I work for a company called upstaging (www.upstaging.com)

nice truck !

did peterbuilt REALLY build that tomtom or garmin into the dash ?
thanks, and yea, its a lawrance system...that KW and Pete both use...only thing is its not a TRUCK ROUTE GPS...it has no truck routing, no weigh stations, etc etc...we havnt really figured out why they chose to use a car program in a truck,but it looks cool i guess..:bash

·
5,365 Posts
thanks, and yea, its a lawrance system...that KW and Pete both use...only thing is its not a TRUCK ROUTE GPS...it has no truck routing, no weigh stations, etc etc...we havnt really figured out why they chose to use a car program in a truck,but it looks cool i guess..:bash
interesting choice.

i stopped using a GPS when i installed my jottodesk...streets & trips is
cheaper to update (just buy new each year) and the "screen" is bigger,
plus the construction data is updated more frequently ;)

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

heres what happend the other day..i keep forgetting to get pictures of the engine and stuff...

·
5,365 Posts
bummer :(

·
Premium Member
1,022 Posts
how did that happen?

Upstaging? They had a shop up in Mundelien IL. I ran with a few of you guys. Was a great way to make good time heading out west.. Your with one of the few companys left that can still run with the big O/O and bull haulers.

Just this year I ran with 2 of your co workers from OK out to CA. made good time at night.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
how did that happen?

Upstaging? They had a shop up in Mundelien IL. I ran with a few of you guys. Was a great way to make good time heading out west.. Your with one of the few companys left that can still run with the big O/O and bull haulers.

Just this year I ran with 2 of your co workers from OK out to CA. made good time at night.
I was sitting in Bordentown NJ at the petro, another driver didnt turn as much as he should have while backing in. :bash:nunu:

thats us :peelout...they sold the mundelien place and now we have a biger shop in sycamore. Our trucks are governed though (see avatar picture :knight)

·
Big Cam Power!!!!!
484 Posts
Just thought Id share what my new ride looks like...alot like the old one, but differant engine (485 Cummins with a burn box instead of a Acert CAT) and dash.

2010 Pete, 485 Cummins with a 13spd...i got it about a week ago and it had 57k miles on it :woot:

Nice truck driva

1 - 17 of 17 Posts