The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For years I have spent riding ATVs until a couple of years ago when the accident bug bit the wife and we made the decision to try something else. We now wheel in a 88 Suzuki Samurai the I built. Here is a pic:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice Rig. What's Under The Hood, Did You Change The Drive Train. I Had A Buddy In College Who Put A Small V6 In One And Changed The Tranny And Transfer Case Gearing. He Would Always Put It In Low Low And Walk Beside It To Be Funny.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
nice looking ride. I would love to have one of those to play around w/

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks like you have it fixed up pretty good. Wish I had a Samari instead of my Geo Tracker (same as Suzuki Sidekick)

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. The drivetrain is all pretty new. Here is a list of the mods:

Mods include a Schrockworks Winch Bumper, 1994 Grille, Warn XD-9000 Winch, RRO Crawler II rear bumper, Olive Hill Welding aluminum rocker guards and aluminum bed mounted tool box, SPOA suspension lift using stock YJ springs, 82" wheelbase, Trail Tough front & rear missing links, RRO pads, Rancho/Gabriel Shocks, TSL Super Swamper Radials 33 x12.50 x15. Rock Crawler Wheels 2.5" BS, Sky Mfg./Sidekick Power Steering, Acme Adapters Hi-Steer, Spidertrax Birfield Rings, Lockright Front/Rear Lockers, 5.38 Yukon Gears in stock housings, 2" Backspaced Rockcrawler Wheels, 4.16 T-case by Trail Tough, RRO MEGA-mount transfer case arm, Trail Tough Mounting Bushings, Hardcore 4x4 T-Case Skid Plate, Rock 4x Fabrication Cage, STC Bikini Top, Bestop, Sunsport Top, Kidde Fire Extingusher, Herculined interior, Radio Shack CB, Wal-Mart Radio, Optima Red Top Battery, Pickle Power 1.3, Flat River Off-Road Diff Guards, Flat River Off-Road rock rails, NO JEEP sticker, factory road runner horn, KRAWLIN Licence Tag. 1st gear crawl ratio is 81.689 3500 rpms = 49.325 mph

·
Registered
338 Posts
one word: Nicee!:Thumbup:

·
Let Me See Yo Grille
1,107 Posts
looks good! makes me miss my Jeep and wheelin' days! We used to wheel with a couple of sami's and they would flop on the side, and just get a couple of guys to push it back over! So light! haha

R.I.P. Big Black....

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BigWhiteSicksO said:
looks good! makes me miss my Jeep and wheelin' days! We used to wheel with a couple of sami's and they would flop on the side, and just get a couple of guys to push it back over! So light! haha

R.I.P. Big Black....
Nice Jeep. Bet you miss it.

·
140 Posts
i'd swap my yota in a second for a nicely built sammy. i REALLY like them. might try to get a good one b4 i leave AZ. anyhoo, hear is a pic of the yota.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rshrubber said:
i'd swap my yota in a second for a nicely built sammy. i REALLY like them. might try to get a good one b4 i leave AZ. anyhoo, hear is a pic of the yota.
Thats a nice Yota. :Thumbup: There is a huge Zuk club in Arizona know as The Zuks of Arizona. Bet some of the members there know where a built rig that is for sale is. :rockon:

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just thought I'd throw mine in here too... its almost done from its Axle Swap....

Its just a little ol 94 Explorer with a little bit of lift.....

--Ryan

·
140 Posts
holy christ!!!! youre not kiddin 'bout the lift!!!!

·
Registered
65 Posts
yeah, haha, I'm still gettin the bugs out, but that's about where it sits as far as suspension goes..... there's a 3" body lift on it now that I will be removing. I have also just recently cut the roof off of the cargo area to reduce weight and lower my COG a little bit (and the fact that it got rolled)..... I'll probably run a shorter shackle front and rear too so that I can bring her down another inch.... but I love those 38.5's.... guess I'll have to start choppin fenders. haha.

--Ryan

·
I Bleed BLUE!
340 Posts
Nice Sami :Thumbup: I am in the process of building a rear bumper for my neighbors' which he bought for $150 :damnit. He is talking about a lockright in the front but he doesn't have powersteering.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A locker up front is rough without PS. I have sidekick steering. I really need to upgrade it to FJ80 steering and a PSC pump. The kick steering is OK but it struggles in the big rocks. Zuwharrie.com is a great resource for Zuks. I post under the same name there. :D

·
140 Posts
Ryan - glad to hear yor are bringing it down. much more stable if you cut the sheet metal to clear the tires!! what kinda wheeling you guys got in KS?

·
Registered
65 Posts
rshrubber said:
Ryan - glad to hear yor are bringing it down. much more stable if you cut the sheet metal to clear the tires!! what kinda wheeling you guys got in KS?
Mud, Rocks, Trails, Whatever you want basically.... anything from Stock rig stuff to VERY extreme trails. Only about three places to go in Ks though.

--Ryan

1 - 20 of 30 Posts