The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think my truck is losing prime but not sure. it has new injectors and return kit. i did put a piece of clear line with a "T" in it for the return line going back to the filter. i was just wondering if anyone has done this and if i should do something different. i heard about capping off the return that goes back to the filter, would that help any? thanks

·
TDG MAFIA
730 Posts
A hard start could be a few things, could be a glow plug problem or a fuel problem like you may think. You never said if you had air bubbles in the clear line. first how are your glow plugs? Unplug all of them and hook a test light to the positive side of the battery and touch the tip of each glow plug, if the test light lights up the glow plug is good, and if it dont change them out. make sure to use only Motorcraft plugs to.

Check all the glowplugs then get back with me.

Also you got an email

·
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks.. i can't see any air bubbles in the line but there is a lil moisture in the valley which im assuming is coming from that line. i haven't checked the glow plugs because they are a different style than the wiring harness thats in it due to the engine swap

·
42 Posts
i sorta got the same problem with mine it will start fine the first time run a few sec and die when i start in again it runs great whats up with that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts