The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i got a brand new used early 99 f350 6spd 150k miles...only downside is its 3000 miles from where uncle sam decided to stick me... so im driving it back and i got a question about that kinda distance, whats this i here about the cmp sensor blowing out at the worst possible time, to the best of my knowledge the one in the truck is original but i could be mistaken, also is there anything aside from the catastrophic thats is likely to show up on a trip this long driving almost straight through? and are there any prep tips yall could give me before i leave florida for california? any help would be awsome thanks yall

·
748 Posts
You could stop at a ford dealership and buy a cam position sensor. They are now only about 17 bucks. Get a 10mm wrench for replacement.
Everything else isn't much different than a gasser. Check your trans. fluid, brake fluid and brakes, rear differential, coolant level.
Look for obvious leaks that could cause problems down the road.
Check belt and hoses also.
Can't think of anything else. Hope your trip goes well.

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
If you are worried about the Cam sensor, then pick one up at the Ford dealer for $25. The price just dropped a few months back. Have them give you the part number they are looking up, if the last letter of it is A, then have them change it to B. That will give you the cheaper price! Otherwise they will try to charge you over $150 for the old A sensor. It may take a few days to get the sensor, as most part counters are not taking the old ones off the shelf unless they can sell it for the old price.

Tony

BTW, they ordered one for me because they didnt want to sell the A for the price of the B, it would lower their profit level, thats the reason they gave me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hope you made you are making it to where you had to go or have made it safely to where you needed to get to.

·
608 Posts
uncle same must not like you... he doesn't like me either... the east cost is almost as bad.

·
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys and i dont know i was on the east coast for a bit and this place is the crapiest base in the fleet

1 - 6 of 6 Posts