The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I really liked the 08 harley vents but didn't want the symbols so I went to ford and bought the drivers side for $500 and the passenger side for $100 and brought them home and then tried to figure out how to take the decals off without messing up the vents. I would like to thank the great state of LA for making my driver's license so sturdy b/c it took me about 2 long hour of carefully prying the emblems and harley symbols off. I was then left with two holes where the harley symbols had lied that my painter filled the top hole with epoxy and cut and smoothed the bottom hole flat like it was never there then painted them DX blue. I then reapplied the emblem with dow 795 clear silicon and let cure for 2 days. the finished product lies below.

A side note of when anyone is trying to take there vents off tape the paint around the vent with blue tape and then tape the ends of a small interior prey bar "pic below" then slowly work on just the top using a small flat head screw driver to place between the body and vent to stop it from reattaching itself. Pop the top piece off first and then then rest of the vent is easy work the prey around while pushing on the back.

I hope yall enjoy the pics its just another one of my visions coming to reality !!

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
Looks really good but why the hell was the driver's side 400 more than the passenger

·
Registered
108 Posts
That is rather nice, now if you had the harley grill it'd be perfect. It's little stuff like that, that makes a truck that much more special. Would there be a way to just buy the inserts that are shown in the 7th picture down, and then get them to fit the stock surrounding?

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
matt05 said:
That is rather nice, now if you had the harley grill it'd be perfect. It's little stuff like that, that makes a truck that much more special. Would there be a way to just buy the inserts that are shown in the 7th picture down, and then get them to fit the stock surrounding?

not even close, its a whole different mounting hardware !

·
518 Posts
wow those look bad arse!!
I think it was really worth the effort, came out nice.
Great idea and visioning.
just sucks that ford wants so much money for those little things.

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
that is pretty damn cool!

·
SeaPig
241 Posts
Great Pics Nick. You are right, FORD can be retarded.
Great look though.
~Mike~:usflag

·
Registered
277 Posts
Have you looked in to the cost of the grille?

I was going to do the grille and the vents but after seeing what you paid for some plastic I will just black out my vents.....

·
TDG MAFIA MEMBER #85
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks everyone for the compliments it was very nerve racking to take apart the expensive side b/c it gave me more problems then the cheaper side. I also told my painter if he had to screw up on on side please not the expensive side. I have toyed with ideas of the harley grill and the lights but I'm not going to go for the harley look I going for the wow did it come like that from the factory look.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Man those look amazing...I went with the Trex side vents and it looks pretty good on black but man those look SICK! Very unique touch to your truck! If it wasn't so expensive I would live to have them! :Thumbup:

·
125 Posts
nice mod...looks great

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
Looks good!

big_rooster said:
...but why the hell was the driver's side 400 more than the passenger
Ford has gotta figure out how to support the warranty fund for you guys. LOL LOL :deal:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts