The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been wanting to buy a new '08 but my budget is not there yet. I just looked at a '02 lariat with a 6" lift 37" tires and 20" wheels, this truck has a super chips programer, tri a pillar gauges back up camera and navigation.This truck is very clean and has 76k miles on it, unfortunately I know more stats and info on the new 6.4 but I know nothing about the 7.3.

Can anyone provide me info on the 7.3, What kind power does it make what are the typical issues I should look out for. Also the asking price is $28,500 is this a good price for this truck?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

·
Diesel Enthusiast
234 Posts
Probably the best IH engine to be put in a Ford truck, other than the occasional CPS sensor being replaced there aren't many issues to warn you about. The 7.3 can get up over 300 HP easy enough, but after the initial mods they get a little harder to create HP than a 6.0 or Dmax or something. The great thing is that the 7.3 doesn't have much in terms of emissions junk on it and that helps add to the reliability of them as well, not to mention you aren't breaking the law by removing was wasn't there in the first place.
76k miles is really low, and I personally know of many 7.3 trucks with well over 300k on them and still running great!

·
608 Posts
I am another that would not trade my 7.3 on a 6.4. you can look up more about the engine spec, but for the most part they are a base of 210hp and 425 ft/lbs of torque. as a base... power differs between year and options. feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

·
Dieselis' Maximus
1,744 Posts
Im more then positive the HP ratings depend on if it was a Manual or automatic. the Manuals were rated higher. However A Chip will fix that quickly.

·
97F-3504X4PSD
120 Posts
:usflag Do a search on ebay or autotrader.com listing the truck's options, year & miles. You will get a good idea what price that truck should be selling for. Good luck. :Thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts