The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a couple of questions

1. will an 01 ford ranger door fit on an 04

2. I have a 95 ford F150 4x4 I blew the rear end apart and got a smokin deal on a new ring and pinion so I rebuilt it and put 3.73 gears in it leaving the front with 3.31 gears what I am wondering is witch wold be better for mileage I am trying to decide what wold be the better gear for some light towing and mixed driving thanks

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bump!!! I need to get the door figured out soon so any help wold be great thanks

·
Mod Friendly Title
2,695 Posts
The Rangers haven't been changed in YEARS. It should fit.

Reactions: vcassens

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Rangers haven't been changed in YEARS. It should fit.
Doors interchange from 99 - 05 now I need to figure out the rear end on the 95 anyone have any input?

·
1,700 Posts
I think for the gear ratios is: If you are concerned with highway fuel economy then go with the 3.31, If you are mainly doing in town or off road then go with the 3.73

You should already be used to the 3.31 combo with mileage and towing etc, and I dont think you would be hurting too much with going to the 3.73 especially if you have upped a size or two on tires or are planning to.

Overall the 3.73 will give you a slight edge in power, and towing but you will lose a little bit of economy on the highway I doubt you would lose more than 1MPG. You might actually gain a little bit if you do a lot of city or lower speed driving. If it was mine I would go with the 3.73 for sure.

Reactions: vcassens

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
just what ever you do don't engage 4wd on anything hard or you will trash something .

·
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just what ever you do don't engage 4wd on anything hard or you will trash something .
Ya ever sense I did the swap to 3.73 the front drive shaft has been in the back seat LOL I am going to be selling the truck so I think I will probabaly end up switching back to 3.31 just becase it wold be the easyest to do becase I wold just swap the whole rear end out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts