The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "92 W250 and the springs are shot. I could use some advice as to where I should look for a new suspension(Front and Rear.). Ride quality is the most important thing, it rides like a hardtail, and the bed is taking a beating. I haul mostly light loads and small trailers. Sure would like to find a soft ride and ditch the rear blocks. I have 285/75/16 so a 2"- 4" kit max would be great, THANKS ALL!:smoke

·
Registered
23 Posts
kwik06ctd said:
Sure would like to find a soft ride and ditch the rear blocks. ...a 2"- 4" kit max would be great
The "blocks" are what give your rear end lift w/o stiff springs (thus stiffer ride).
[never ever every use them on front, btw.]

The question I always ask is, "why do you want to lift it?" Personally, I see no reason to lift a street vehicle, never been into show vehicles, and for off road, that's the only reason to do so. Lifting a vehicle changes a lot, and the more lift, the more changes will be required. So I'd go the minimal that you can feel happy with.

http://www.alcanspring.com/

·
165 Posts
yeah lift blocks are the cheaper way to go and they also cause wheelhop alot more, your wise to just use different leafs.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Skyjacker makes a 2"-4" lift with diesel front springs and new rear springs. It is a softride kit.

·
Registered
23 Posts
wackter said:
Skyjacker makes a 2"-4" lift...It is a softride kit.
I got a 4" one of those for one of my jeeps and the ride was so terrible it really hurt my back. That was the second worst thing I did to a jeep. The first worst was put a 350 in an kaiser cj5.

...and strange enough, these are two of the most common things done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts