The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm ready to order the Spartan tuner with AFE dpf delete exhaust and possibly a S&B intake, who wants do hook me up?

·
139 Posts
dpfdeletekits.com they have about the best prices, but the customer service from Aaron is the best thing about it. If you have any issues, he's going to be there no matter what. Most people end up ordering from him, and then post a thread about how great he is. You won't regret going with him. :peelout

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah he seems like the guy to order from on here, has Ford gotten any more "advanced" on tracking the Spartan yet? I still have 3 years left on warranty, and sure would hate to lose it. I'm looking for more fuel mileage, no damn regens and a little smoke every now and then. I'm not going for all out race I just want better driving truck, hope they can't detect it in the next 3 years.

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks that's all I need to hear, I can't stand a stock truck anymore! I said that when I bought this truck I was going to keep stock, yeah right, after driving a chipped 6.0 for years it just aint the same. These trucks need a little pep to them, the low end take off sucks it doesn't feel like it's going to ever start moving.

·
Rollin' Coal
379 Posts
thanks that's all I need to hear, I can't stand a stock truck anymore! I said that when I bought this truck I was going to keep stock, yeah right, after driving a chipped 6.0 for years it just aint the same. These trucks need a little pep to them, the low end take off sucks it doesn't feel like it's going to ever start moving.
my truck stock is like a gasser on take off. no lag at all, my 6.0 even with SCT was like watching paint dry waiting for the turbo to spool. my stock 6.4 is like my 6.0 on a 40 hp tow tune i love it. but i am too going to get spartanized once i get some mile on it.

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well I can tell you that I've been running the 250 tune for 3 days and it is an awesome tune, I just got home from doing a "relearn" for the trans, if it will calm down on the 2-3 and 3-4 shifts I'll keep running it. If not it's going to be the 210 for sure it's shifts alot more normal.As with every thread I read, I'll say this; you can't go wrong with it, best thing I could have ever done to this truck was exhaust and Spartan.

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
I am pretty sure this is a Spartan thread....isn't it?

beaslyb, just keep letting the tranny learn over the next few days. Do a few hard runs through the gears. The 250 tune is going to have harder shifting because line pressure is increased to keep the clutches alive.

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
08stroker250, thanks for all the help on the few threads that I have started, I'm pretty well straight on everything as of now, I'm currently running the 210, but I can't get the 250 out of my system for some reason I want to try it again, but like the other thread I stated I hate to put the truck through the WOT trans pulls, but I guess it will be alright, seems like people put their trucks through more than that all the time. The Spartan tuner is a total transformation to these stopped up restricted trucks, they definetly need it. Thanks for all the support on this, that's why I came here for all the good info, this site answers alot of questions.

Reactions: 08stroker250

·
Spartan Diesel Tech
969 Posts
08stroker250, thanks for all the help on the few threads that I have started, I'm pretty well straight on everything as of now, I'm currently running the 210, but I can't get the 250 out of my system for some reason I want to try it again, but like the other thread I stated I hate to put the truck through the WOT trans pulls, but I guess it will be alright, seems like people put their trucks through more than that all the time. The Spartan tuner is a total transformation to these stopped up restricted trucks, they definetly need it. Thanks for all the support on this, that's why I came here for all the good info, this site answers alot of questions.
Trust me, your tranny will be able to handle the 250 tune no problem. My stock one held up very well for almost 50,000 miles with the 275 and 310 tunes, and I am not easy on my truck at all.

·
1,415 Posts
Another one is you dont need to worry about the tranny just about 90,000 miles on mine all 275

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well that makes me feel better about reloading the 250 tune, I liked that one better, I would like to keep this truck for the long haul. Really what is better than these trucks? They are super nice; brake box already in them, interior is nice and they are quiet. So what's not to like? I don't run the hell out of my truck but when I feel the need to show what it can do, I want it to be there, so I guess real soon I'll try out the 250 again.

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
Sounds like this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^^ needs a good pine box full of *** whoopin from the guys at spartan

·
Green Goose No Juice
160 Posts
I was reading this post and it seems like the above post from me was towards beaslyb.. i just want to clarify that it was towards the guy trying to start something.. Apperently his post got deleted.. Just to clarify things up for anyone including beaslyb

·
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Didn't bother me post didn't make any sense so it was overlooked. Actually back on here this morning to see if I should feel the trans downshift at 20mph. It's not the bump everyone feels when you go around a turn and then accelerate, it's definetly a downshift, I guess it's 2nd to 1st, not sure but I wouldn't think you should feel it. As far as the thread on the new Spartan tune that was just started, my input would be to have a tune with smoother shifting. I fully understand the shifting firmness is to keep the clutches from burning when running it hard, but my driving habits are usally less than 1/2 throttle, so I would love to have the 250 tune with a softer shift. The touchy pedal is great for my style driving, I don't hardly have to give it any throttle to get it up to speed which is great for fuel mileage. I don't like how quick it shifts, it doesn't stay in gear long enough it seems as soon as you plane out in that gear, like as soon as it stops pulling it shifts, I'd like it stay in gear just a touch longer(we're talking seconds) than it does, anyway that's my input.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts