The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im new to the forum and i need some advice. I am considering buying a 1999 Classic XL with a Cat 3406E 500HP 2WS engine. The head gasket blew,engine needs a rebuild,block deck needs cut and a turbo. Truck had no injector issues before hand and we drove it for 2 days. Pulled great,its hooked to a 13 speed and 3.73 rears. I dont think it needs injectors thankfullly. Would be working on a tight budget. I would be rebuilding the engine myself. What Pistons would be good for this ? Hoping to put a PDI turbo on it and get a tuner from them too,shooting for 700ish. Any Suggestions ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looked at the PDI turbo price. Any suggestions on a good turbo ? Want it not to take a year to spool but want it to make good power.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looked at the PDI turbo price. Any suggestions on a good turbo ? Want it not to take a year to spool but want it to make good power.
Yes the PDI turbo is expensive. I am rebuilding a5ek factory 550 horse. There seems to be a lot of good turbos for your engine. I’m going with the PDI manifold and looking at different turbos. I have the 58 injectors and stock 550 cam. I bought the iPd kit. This is my 1st electronic engine and I learned pretty much everything reading old forums. There were some very knowledgeable people I wish I could talk to. Smokin cat mr Haney. I think a borg Warner that supports 700 horse is what I will try. Read the old forums there is a lot there and it’s helpful info

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the PDI turbo is expensive. I am rebuilding a5ek factory 550 horse. There seems to be a lot of good turbos for your engine. I’m going with the PDI manifold and looking at different turbos. I have the 58 injectors and stock 550 cam. I bought the iPd kit. This is my 1st electronic engine and I learned pretty much everything reading old forums. There were some very knowledgeable people I wish I could talk to. Smokin cat mr Haney. I think a borg Warner that supports 700 horse is what I will try. Read the old forums there is a lot there and it’s helpful info
Ive been doing the same. Im gonna go with the stock 500 Cam thats in it. It had a new head out on at some point. Im getting a IPD rebuild kit and a Borg Warner turbo. Thats if i take the plung and buy it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts