The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 F250 that I am interested in getting tuned. Currently I have rebuilt the oil cooler, replaced the FICM, deleted the EGR cooler, added a coolant filter, and added gauges to monitor EOT, ECT, EGT, Trans and boost. I am however running stock tty headbolts. I purchased a SCT xcal2 from a friend. I would like to get a couple custom tunes from Eric and innovative. I am not interested in hotrodding the truck at all. I do tow a 8k lb camper in the summer months. I would like to improve ecomomy and get a little more power. Any suggestions on custom tunes that give my head bolts a chance? Should I stay away from tunes all together, or can they be safe depending on the weight of my right foot? Thanks for the help.

·
1,570 Posts
Let Eric know you have stock headbolts, and I'd stay away from the Xtreme tunes, even the "stud safe" versions. I'd go with a 3-tune package and get Street, Tow, and an Economy tune. I'd also get a fuel pressure gauge before tuning since the tunes can put more load on the fuel system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts