The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin about tradin my 5spd cummins for an automatic. was wondering how much it will cost me to build a tranny that can handle 600-700hp-daily driver lead foot? and also which year model has the best tranny

·
268 Posts
Depends on what company you go with, I was pricing out some transmissions with Billet input and output shaft and it was around $5200.

·
TDG Mafia Member #21
1,345 Posts
Call Goerend Brothers, DTT, or Sunsoast. They will all build you what you need. I prefer Goerend for their price and warranty.

·
3,514 Posts
you'll want a 47rh so 94-96 i believe. If you go with a 47re you will run into all kinds of problems with electronics. As far as price goes those guys are pretty much spot on, you will also have to include a core charge since you don't have a core to return, so that'll be another 600-1000 dollars, and then maybe shipping.

Suncoast wants 5200 plus a converter.
DTT is roughly 5200 with a converter,
Goerends I'm not sure about.

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANKS FOR THE INFO BUT IVE BEEN TALKIN TO A GUY AT A LOCAL SHOP TODAY AND HE SAID EVERYONE WILL BE ABOUT 5K-7K FOR ONE THAT WILL HOLD THAT MUCH POWER, SO I THINK I WILL KEEP MY TRUCK AND SPEND THE MONEY ON A CLUTCH AND GO FAST GOODIES

THIS GUY KNOWS DODGES

http://hotroddiesels.com/index.htm

·
3,514 Posts
yeah it isn't a cheap conversion, You might be able to find a short shift kit for you transmission, my buddy's brother had one in his 6spd and was runnin 13.2's with it, not bad at all for a manual.
Sean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts