The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
cousins trans just went out in his dd its a 95 f250 4 door sb auto trans, need the service manual so i can rebuild it, if its not to expensive we wanna build it for performance mods, where is a good place to get a performance rebuild kit and how much are we lookin at? also can the 5r110 tq converter be put in the e40d as a perf upgrade like the 4r100??

Joey

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
You can use the 6.0 torqshift 5r110W converter but do need an adapter. I myself use a super extreme kit with extra clutches in all 6 packs. That's 2 more clutch packs than 2 of the major players in the industry upgrade. Your choice for manuals are Ford and ATSG, Motors and possible others like Hayes. Feel free to PM for advice.

If it went from normal wear and tear that's best. If parts broke in a sudden failure, it can be expensive.

284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is there any special tools needed? anyone here have the manual?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
racer x- whered you buy your kit?

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I custom make them and can hook you up, send me a pm if you want. We can't break any site rules and go off topic. But you asked me so i think i can answer your ? under the rules. Shipped this hot 97 shown to Ohio on tuesday. A fellow member definately needed "emergency help". Ring gear chewed the overdrive planetary gearset up. Messy stuff.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts