The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy.
Well I finally did it. I found a 2008 F250 that I fell in love with. I bought it from a little used car lot but it was showing the service engine light. The dealer said he would make sure it was fixed. We took it to a ford dealed and had them run it on their machine and found out it was the turbo going weak. Now the guy I bought it from does not want to fix it. So if I want the truck I will have to fix it my self. The only thing that bothers me is removing the cab.My question is can the turbo be changed out with out removing the cab? I would be greatful for any advise. Thank you very much.

·
TDG Mafia Member #25
1,447 Posts
I'd imagine that would be "easy" to do without the cab being pulled. What was the code? Was it underboosting?

Adrianspeeder

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turbo troubles

Thanks very much for the reply.
I'm not sure what the code was but they did say it was underboosting. They gave me an outrageous quote of almost $6000 to fix it and said the cab would have to come off. But looking at it it doesn't look like it would have to. Since I got it home I pulled the sensor plugs and cleaned them. The service engine light has gone out and it is running great. You don't think they needed Christmas money do you? If it needs replaced later I guess I will try it myself.
Thanks for the info ..It's nice knowing there's places to go and get help..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts