The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i left the house today to go to into town and as soon as i pulled out my truck started running like crap the check engine light came on and it sounded like it wasnt getting enough fuel and it was running real rough then i let off and it ran fine and then when tried to go again it started running like crap again well i ended up turning around because it wont stop running like crap period even when i do let off or put it in park..and when i try to accelerate it does but very very slowly ..its done this before but it would only happen for a few seconds then it would be fine..

i drained the fuel bowl before i turned around that didnt do much and when i got home i had enough time to check the oil and it was good..

idk if its a sensor or something to do with where the wiring harness goes into the injectors or what.. idk its pouring down rain so i couldnt mess around with it..

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the last time i drove it it ran fine.. the only thing i did was changed tanks on the way home last night so that could be the problem but im not sure cause today when it was acting up i switched it back and it didnt do anything..

·
296 Posts
maybe you sucked up some gunk and clogged your fuel filter. if that happened then changing back to the other tank wouldnt do you a damn thing.

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i just changed the fuel filter and put diesel clean in the fuel and still running like crap so i started looking around and i pulled the wiring harness plug going to the front left injectors and one side of it was burnt up so im gunna make a guess and say it has something to do with it running like crap

·
Levi
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
im hoping its the same thing that happened to my 95 f350 and i had to replace the wiring harness both valve over seals and the wiring harnesses that go to each injector under the valve cover

1 - 6 of 6 Posts