The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am sure this has been discussed but I just wanted to make sure......I have an 03' LB7 Duramax with 105k on it and edge juice with attitude. While driving to work this morning I went to get on it just a tad and all of a sudden my rpms dropped way down and the truck kept cutting out....it got slightly better as I went to pull off the road and it was smoking quite a bit of white smoke....so i got out and sat for about 30 seconds and started driving again and then it seemed fine....no more white smoke really...... So I am thinking it is the injectors.....I am quite certain they are the origional injectors......Now if it is the injectors they are covered 100% correct? Also do I have to take out my edge before I bring it to the dealer (void warranty issues)? thanks again

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
I dont know if the Edge has the abillity to check balance rates, but if it does they should be +/- 4 at idle and +/- 6 in drive at idle. That will give you a good idea if they are going out. Also check for fuel in the oil.

1) smell of #2 on the dipstick

2) take a white paper towel and drop some oil from the dipstick on the towel and see if it has a ring around the oil.

Those are two ways to check for fuel in the oil, also look for an increase in oil level.

Hope this helps,

Tony

1 - 2 of 2 Posts