The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i got my truck int he divorce but she has the factory door code and the factory remotes. is there any way i can change the factory code to something else...the dealer says no but i want a second opionion. and caqn I just delete the factory remotes somehow so they wont work with my truck? I will be changing all the keys/locks this week but its almost pointless if she can still get into it. PLEASE HELP!!!!

truck is a 2004 F250 SUPERDUTY lariat with the door key pad.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
You need a new keyless entry module and new remotes. The new module will have a new number and the new remotes will replace the old ones in the system. Not the cheapest solution but a solution. If you could find a used module it will have the number on it on a sticker. That would work too.

·
310 Posts
what about if you remove the batteries then nothing electrical will work for the time being.

·
721 Posts
Does she have the factory code or the one programed into it? Factory code may be able to be reprogramed by ford. I know they can remove old key remotes!!

·
1,606 Posts

·
1,661 Posts
Call her lawyer and demand she give you the remotes. You were awarded the truck and those are included!
In the mean time, can't he just unplug the module and keypad.

·
373 Posts
You can change your code on the door. Behind your radio, behind a brace and some insulation there is a module with a number on it you use that code and then you can reset a new one, the factory code will always work however. But adds are she doesn't have that. the key fobs should come with the truck.

·
Stuck in Commiefornia...
1,296 Posts
It's a divorce, Ex's can be pretty hard to deal with. I've seen a couple buddies go through it, it wasn't pretty. If she wants to be difficult, it's easier to just change the module and get new key fobs.

·
is here and there.
10,573 Posts
It's a divorce, Ex's can be pretty hard to deal with. I've seen a couple buddies go through it, it wasn't pretty. If she wants to be difficult, it's easier to just change the module and get new key fobs.
I don't disagree. However in this case the law is on his side. The Judge has said he gets the truck and I'm pretty sure the Judge would side with him again on the key fobs. And SHE would pay more lawyer fees/ court costs.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
I don't disagree. However in this case the law is on his side. The Judge has said he gets the truck and I'm pretty sure the Judge would side with him again on the key fobs. And SHE would pay more lawyer fees/ court costs.
Or he will. Been there. If it can't be a quick call and the items transferred from attorney to attorney; just replace the module and fobs. Overall, replacement may be cheaper regardless of legality or validity of his claim.

·
1,661 Posts
Where the heck is Tank when you need him!!:haha

·
Stroke Her
7 Posts
I feel your pain, I am going thru a divorce right now. Luckily he doesn't want my truck, damn good thing to. I had to find the code because the guy I bought the truck from didn't give it to me, I know Ford will charge you 75.00. I just layed on the floor upside down with a flashlight to look on the radio, you will have to move alot of the white installation. Just do it while it is cold, i did it in the summer and sweated my butt off. Good Luck and glad you got your truck.:five

1 - 14 of 14 Posts